E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to get in touch with him? I tried the phone numbers - no answer.

I got all 4 brakes and rotors of the 330i changed about 4k miles ago and rotors seem to be warped... steering/car shakes when braking. No lips on the rotors at all and car was always driven in civilized manner.

no clues what happened... :help:

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Anyone know how to get in touch with him? I tried the phone numbers - no answer.

I got all 4 brakes and rotors of the 330i changed about 4k miles ago and rotors seem to be warped... steering/car shakes when braking. No lips on the rotors at all and car was always driven in civilized manner.

no clues what happened... :help:
There is a thread on bimmerforums. I'll try to find it again and paste it. BimmerClinic had a car stolen right off the premises several weeks ago. There is an investigation going down and Bill has closed up shop and is trying to relocate ASAP. So as of right now he is not working, just trying to set up the new shop. He anticipates the new shop being up and running by December 1st.
Let me go get the link..........

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
no 100% true. If there is slight warpage from not bedding properly they can def cut the rotors back to spec to eliminate any warped surface area. It is better to do it now though than later.
True, but OP's description doesn't sound like slight warpage. Either way OP, you will need to take your car to another shop.

·
Registered
91 Posts
anyone know how to get in touch with him? I tried the phone numbers - no answer.

I got all 4 brakes and rotors of the 330i changed about 4k miles ago and rotors seem to be warped... Steering/car shakes when braking. No lips on the rotors at all and car was always driven in civilized manner.

No clues what happened... :help:

4k miles shouldn't have done too much damage. You should be able to correct the warpage, but won't be able to tell until they're off the car on a lathe.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
27,041 Posts
OP, you get brakes fixed yet?

Any good shop can fix your issue...and mine is good...IMG in Union...in thread above.

Also, you know, warped rotors mostly a myth...called 'warped' generically...but are probably not.

It's probably runout caused by improper installation (lack of cleaning of surfaces and maybe of guidepin bushings (and greasing thereof)...or coz you use your brakes too gently.

Oh, and maybe wheel torque is off too, compounding the problem...bet you can't take your lugs off with the 'torque' wrench that comes with the car!

Doug

·
Registered
122 Posts
^^ Good post. or a pad deposit.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1552004
There you are. However, if the rotors are indeed warped, they're garbage. I presume they are aftermarket.
oh wow! that explains it.. first my calls used to go through and just said "memory full" for vmail. now it says no service.

thanks for digging out the thread man - appreciate it. good luck to Bill with the new location - hopefully its more towards central jersey! (not to piss of the new yorkers haha)

I'm pretty sure Bill used OEM rotors and pads when he did the brake job - that's why i'm confused why this would happen. With 4k miles - maybe it can be fixed?

OP, you get brakes fixed yet?

Any good shop can fix your issue...and mine is good...IMG in Union...in thread above.

Also, you know, warped rotors mostly a myth...called 'warped' generically...but are probably not.

It's probably runout caused by improper installation (lack of cleaning of surfaces and maybe of guidepin bushings (and greasing thereof)...or coz you use your brakes too gently.

Oh, and maybe wheel torque is off too, compounding the problem...bet you can't take your lugs off with the 'torque' wrench that comes with the car!

Doug
with no other choice i went to this other shop in Middletown, close to my work - to see if they can do something. They gave me a date for 29th Nov. So i guess i should just wait for Bill to reopen.. since i got the job done by him and the rotors are going bad in 4k miles.

Is the new location by Dec 1st still on schedule??

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
oh wow! that explains it.. first my calls used to go through and just said "memory full" for vmail. now it says no service.

thanks for digging out the thread man - appreciate it. good luck to Bill with the new location - hopefully its more towards central jersey! (not to piss of the new yorkers haha)

I'm pretty sure Bill used OEM rotors and pads when he did the brake job - that's why i'm confused why this would happen. With 4k miles - maybe it can be fixed?

with no other choice i went to this other shop in Middletown, close to my work - to see if they can do something. They gave me a date for 29th Nov. So i guess i should just wait for Bill to reopen.. since i got the job done by him and the rotors are going bad in 4k miles.

Is the new location by Dec 1st still on schedule??
Unfortunately there has been no announcement about the reopening date. My guess is it will be later than December 1st. If the issue is that bad just get it fixed, don't wait on Bill. Once he reopens he going to be swamped and who knows how he will prioritize.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts

Is the new location by Dec 1st still on schedule??[/QUOTE]

I live right by middletown. There are some good bmw mechanics around here. Try Andy at ASC in Atlantic Highlands, he has very fair prices, a nice guy, and good quality work.

Also you could try Don over at Mr M car located in the allaire airport out by rt 33 and 34 in wall I think. He's awesome, but the prices are a little bit more.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks Leslie for keeping everyone updated.

The new shop is up and running, easy to get to and much much better.

indeed330- If you are still having issues. Lets get you in and fixed up, we'll take care of it asap. Just give us a call 732-218-7632 or email me [email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.