E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the biggest 19" wheel and tire i can put on my sedan
without any rolling....

is 19"x 9.5 too wide for the rear

19" x 8.5 for the front with 235 tire is that ok??
please help

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I have 9x19 Visions with 235/35 all around. You can fit 9.5 and the rear with some fenderwork. Maybe even 10x19.
235/35 is the widest you can go in the front and 255/30 in the rear. Im going to get 255/30 next time I change the tires.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Dropped 50mm in the front and 40mm in the rear. No fenderwork or rubbing.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so 19" x 9 is the widest i can go with 255 tire on the back and 235 up front without any rolling

is that for any type of rim or does offset play a big role here sorry i dont know much about this

and what about spacer?? if i put a spacer can i go wider without rubbing???

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
showboat said:
so 19" x 9 is the widest i can go with 255 tire on the back and 235 up front without any rolling

is that for any type of rim or does offset play a big role here sorry i dont know much about this

and what about spacer?? if i put a spacer can i go wider without rubbing???
The offset of my Visions are ET 44. Its very close to OEM.
You only have to use spacers if the rims have offset that will make the rim go too much to the center of the car. So htat the rim will clear the shocks.

You can see here that there are enough space in the rear.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mr.Stream said:
I have 9x19 Visions with 235/35 all around. You can fit 9.5 and the rear with some fenderwork. Maybe even 10x19.
235/35 is the widest you can go in the front and 255/30 in the rear. Im going to get 255/30 next time I change the tires.
Wow, 30s for your next tires, thats gonna look NICE!!! low profile. They are gonna look like rubberbands. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
330CHICK said:

Wow, 30s for your next tires, thats gonna look NICE!!! low profile. They are gonna look like rubberbands. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Well not exactly. Im getting 255. And "30" is 30% of the width of the tire (255mm). So the tirewall will be nearly the same height as the 235/35.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
You can run 10" in the back.....as long as the offset is correct...should be 46mm

One set of wheels I have is a 19x10 rear...running 265/30

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
HoTbEEmEr said:
that drops pretty freakin clean, what kind of suspension setup do you have and is it harsh?:thumbup:
Actually the rear is way too high. But I dont have any spare change to get me a new suspension.
I use AP Sportfahrwerke springs and yellow Koni shocks.
I dont think that its too harsh. Just stiff enough.:thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts