E46 Fanatics Forum banner
8561 - 8580 of 8580 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
You will fuck those fine engines quicker than you may think :) . No more than few minutes is required for, in that hot ,lean condition. If it survives the road to inspection, pray for that inspector not revving the engine.
not sure about that, because I have installed EGT Sensor and while testing on boost, i have logged several times afr about 16-17 on 10-13 PSI and EGT temperature about 730-800 degree Celsius, but engine still running perfect

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi tuners,
Im just started tuning and this TORQUE MANAGEMENT seems interesting thing. Can anyone tell me what is that, how it works and what i can do with it. Any free HP's mabye? :)
to disable the function set the torque values in ip_tq_max__n__pvs_cor_rpl to 65535 Nm.

but it useless for stock engine

·
Registered
9 Posts
all you need is an Arduino and a map sensor?
yes and little knowledge of programing + very basic electronis

here is an calculation part on arduino

like in formula, you only need RPM, IAT and MAP data to calculate MAF

I'm taking RPM data from crankshaft position sensor (counting pulses), measure IAT and MAP by analog read.

I have already drived more than 300 km with this

Font Number Parallel Document Screenshot

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes and little knowledge of programing + very basic electronis

here is an calculation part on arduino

like in formula, you only need RPM, IAT and MAP data to calculate MAF

I'm taking RPM data from crankshaft position sensor (counting pulses), measure IAT and MAP by analog read.

I have already drived more than 300 km with this

View attachment 937173
I find this very interesting! Would you mind sharing the Arduino sketch? Would like to try it out on a stock car to see how it works vs the stock maf readings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I find this very interesting! Would you mind sharing the Arduino sketch? Would like to try it out on a stock car to see how it works vs the stock maf readings.
its a very experimental version and need some/lot optimizing code (i'm not a developer and trying for myself with google) but car runs with this mostly smoothly

you also need to tune MAF table with linear input and compare with calculated and logged MAF numbers, I'm using this numbers.

maybe you can optimize this code and make it better, it will be helpful for everyone.

btw now i want to try with esp32, because it has native Digital to analog converter (DAC) and it does not need additional operational amplifier to filter output, also it much quicker and there can be done small web server to change configuration with wifi, or see debug info (for calibration, its very useful), but its 3.3v and for measurement input we need voltage divider resistors and MAF output will be 0.3-2.9v not 0-5, but it shouldn't be a problem

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
ms4x.net. everything you need is right there.
hey man , sorry but im new to this , i have read the partial ( 64kb ) from the ecu , i have downloaded from the wiki all the xdf's i could find , i don't really want to fully flash my ecu with the update , i want to stick to my 0056 for now , but the thing is , in all tutorials , the xdf's i see are in english or have a translation on hover ( like the 0069 community patchlist has ) . i just get codes , and when i switch to 2 different xdf's ( both ms430056 46kb ) i see different values in the tables. Can someone please just send me a link to a file that is in english , i have seen the tuner pro base offset header for the xdf but they are already good .
how i see it ( this is Daniel F's Last_Eng) :
Rectangle Font Screenshot Operating system Software

can someone point me to where to download this one :
Rectangle Screenshot Line Font Software

Or is something wrong with my pro tuner rt? Should i get the normal version ?
Thanks , sorry for the long post , i dont want to mess up my ecu rn, so i'm asking as many questions as i can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys , i managed to figure out the first part of not seeing the folders : I just needed to change View By: to Parameter Category
Rectangle Font Parallel Automotive exterior Electric blue

now i can see the folders but as far as i can see the xdf on the wiki is so badly behind and i don't understand why . How can people on youtube with tutorials from 2014 have more options than what i have now on the forum's download link ?
Anyway thanks Daniel and everybody that contributed to this project , the amount of free stuff available is amazing .

·
Registered
9 Posts
can someone point me in the right direction why i cant connect TunerPro RT for data logging to my car,
i followed the MSwiki instructions to the letter, pulled a full 512k bin file from the car, then used the matching xdf and ADX files from MSwiki, I click connect before starting up the car, nothing happens, the LED on my K CAN cable keeps flashing forever and nothing happens, all other programs INPA/ group flasher are working and connecting properly

·
Registered
9 Posts
for the forced experts , please verify my understanding and approach generating base fuel maps for a turbo setup,

> we need to edit the X axis of the table that corresponds to engine load as air mass flow rate and increase the max amount of air from 700mg/stk to say 1000mg/stk to correspond for boost?
> we convert our Target AFRs ( lets say between 12.5 and 13.5 ) back to milliseconds of fuel through the math equations for fuel flow, and fill up the table
> we need to change the cold maps with same target AFR as the warm maps? , i understand the ECU " blends " between the two , but for a turbo setup which needs to be more dominant
> we leave the idle maps as is
  • ip_ti_tco_1_pl_ivvt_1__n__maf - Cold engine injection time used for bank 1 during part load
  • ip_ti_tco_1_pl_ivvt_2__n__maf - Cold engine injection time used for bank 2 during part load
  • ip_ti_tco_2_pl_ivvt_1__n__maf - Warm engine injection time used for bank 1 during part load
  • ip_ti_tco_2_pl_ivvt_2__n__maf - Warm engine injection time used for bank 2 during part load
Rectangle Font Pattern Screenshot Parallel

8561 - 8580 of 8580 Posts