E46 Fanatics Forum banner
8541 - 8560 of 8580 Posts

·
Registered
BMW E46 320CI M54B22
148 Posts
I dont know the 069 more than I read in past posts, but the SMG light needs to be coded in the cluster itself there is codes for SMG, the sport auto, regular auto and manual. One of those might solve it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hello everyone. I just want to share my experience with 0069 software version on my 02 330 and see other opinion with this software. Well since the end of 2019 till the last winter i've been running on my ms43 ecu the euro 2 0066 software version downloaded from winkfp ZBnr:7552620 and everything was running fine, till the last winter i wanted to update my ecu to euro 4 0069 software version from ms4x wiki site and since that update i was feeling that the car lost some power and became sluggish. so 2 days ago i went back to the euro 2 0066 software version and the car now is running better and faster and better response and im not feeling any loss of power.
I looked into all tables in maps of both 2 version software and i cant find any difference between them except the disa table in part load.
So anyone exprienced the same when updated to the lastest software version?

Sent from my SM-J415F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!

First of all i want to thank everyone here and to the MS4X guys, theres so much information and tools free for us.

I have been reading as much as i can /find and playing with the tools for about 2 weeks now, I made a DIY Bench setup and flash a 0069 SW on a MS43 to test it... so far so good. Now im having tons of doubts and maybe some of you can help me out.

Software: TunerPro (Latest Build)
Firmware: MS43_MS430069_E46_M54B30_EU4_RHD.bin
Definitions: OEM + Community Patch V2.9 for this Firmware

Car Mods: M54B30 + Bottom Turbo +Single O2 sensor + RS4 MAF + 340 LPH PUMP + Injectors: Siemens DEKA 6900371 440cc/min

Now the questions:

1.When using the Community’s Patch .XDF File i normally apply the patch i need then save the bin and then open the std XDF to edit all the maps. Is this right?

2. When configuring the MAF ( after i applied the patch 2048) i now go to edit the tables and set "C_MAF_KGH_R_LS_MES_MAX" to 1800kg/h and C_MAF_MAX to 1389mg/str, however there’s s no C_MAF_MAX table anywhere.

3.After that , when i copy the new values of the MAF on the id_maf_tab and click save, nothing happens, you save the changes but the moment you close the editor and open it again, it has the old values (i guess im putting higher values than the allowed due the missing table in point 2?)

4.Is there a recommended tuner that can tune my car on remote desktop? The idea is to tune Vanos, fuel, timing, launch... all the stuff, but i live outside the states so i need it to be remote and off course include the tune over the Dyno.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

To soon for me to give you any answer to your request 1 to 3.

For number 4, I have the following information :

I have no experience with these company's.

As far I remembered I think one member in England did the remote tune with Gep for its 330ci with Ess TS2. GEP looks experienced in BMW projects.

Chaos offers options in their tunes that you do not see with others. The options are really meaningful for people knowing what they need. For this reason, they seem a good place where you can go.

Hervé

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Does anyone know if just tuning my gas pedal affects the ability to smog in California with the new emission laws? According to CBAR, the new smog protocol pulls data via the "protocol mode $09" and pulls the VIN, ECU calibration info to read the "Calibration Verification Number" and "Calibration Identification" to determine if the software has been modified.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all! I have 1999 E46 328 with M52B28TU. This weekend I converted it to M54B28 :p Meaning, Changed MS42 to MS43, changed MDK to EDK, together with the whole intake system (I already had intake manifold from M54B30 mounted for a year now, together with EDK I used air filter housing + MAF + all hoses from M54B30). On top of that, I installed an intake cam from M54B30. Now the thing is. I got a soft for this conversion for MS43 from the company where I bought the MS42 > MS43 conversion kit. The problem is that soft is "read only" so I can't modify it so I'm trying to adapt the M54B30 soft myself on another ECU. On the stock map the car didn't start, it was cranking but didn't start. So my question is - does anyone know what needs to be changed in stock M54B30 soft to start on M52B28TU. I know I'll have to disable some things like exhaust flap, secondary air pump (I have it removed) and stuff like that. Then of course I'll have to adapt all the maps. I was thinking of comparing all maps between M54B25 and M54B30 and making values to meet somewhere in the middle of these two. But I also thought that car will start on the stock M54B30 map (but would run lean/rich). So is there some very important, specific configuration to change in order to make it work? Or just finding the map values for 2.8l should be enough? Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi is there anybody that can help me explain what things should i change to improve perfomance with open headers? Ive read here that more volumetric efficiency is good for open headers.Ive tried to make tune of my own but when ive got to dyno ive made even less hp than stock 🥲 im trying to learn from here. I would be really happy if can somebody point me to right direction.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

can someone please tell me how to turn off the drive-off support completely? whenever the car dips to around 500ish revs on drive off it tries to save itself and revs to 1200-1500 revs and it's reeaally annoying. makes the car buck very bad. how do I make it stop doing that, and let the engine stall without it trying to save itself?

TIA

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi,

can someone please tell me how to turn off the drive-off support completely? whenever the car dips to around 500ish revs on drive off it tries to save itself and revs to 1200-1500 revs and it's reeaally annoying. makes the car buck very bad. how do I make it stop doing that, and let the engine stall without it trying to save itself?

TIA
you mean antijerk?

·
Registered
9 Posts
you mean antijerk?
nope, it's not antijerk, I've turned that off already. it's when you let the clutch out, the driveline gets loaded, revs drop to like 500ish or lower, and the car automatically revs itself to 1200-1500 ish revs and bucks like crazy, cause the clutch pedal position didn't change, and it starts rolling off on its own, with wildly varying revs. super annoying. I don't want the car to 'help me' roll off. I want it to stall if I eff up, not try and help me.

·
Registered
2002 330i 5 Speed
714 Posts
"Hello! Can someone explain to noob, is there a acceleration enrichment map ormth?
And how to turn off disa? "

Anybody?
daniel_f. said:
C_ABC_INC can be used to zero´out fault codes 👍 Its definately working for DISA unit.
mrbobmicjoe said:
Daniel, what kind of tuning would be required to delete the DISA valve? I made a block off plate and would like to experiment and see how the car runs without the DISA.
daniel_f. said:
Simply set c_abc_inc_vim to zero :)

8541 - 8560 of 8580 Posts