BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

8221 - 8226 of 8226 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hello. Just a quick question, im thinking to run with single pre cat sensor and setting the c conf cat to 0 ( i dont have cats). Did anybody tried this configuration? What are the impressions of this setup?
Car is ms43 m54b30

Sent from my SM-J415F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey Daniel

Just wanted to first say that the time and effort you and the ms43 Development Team have devoted to this project is truly incredible and appreciated. You deserve to be knighted by the Queen! You helped me out numerous times several years ago and would like to thank you once again. I honestly don't know how you managed to commit so much time to this and keep youre patience. Anyway thanks youre an absolute star. 🙌

I do still have the very same car supercharged BMW Z4 sitting in the garage waiting to be driven. Just been so busy with things for the last few years that I've not even had the chance to drive it for a long time. I do however plan getting back in it once again next summer (Covid permitting 😫) and am now in a position to start tweaking the MS43 my very self. I was hoping someone could kindly help me out once again on how to carry across my existing tune (MS430056) to the updated MS430069.

I am able to read and write using MS4x flasher over obd which I assume will apply checksum correction when flashing. It was mentioned in an earlier post that the MS430056 tune would have to be compared with the new MS430069?

Qu.1 The available MS430069 full flash on the MS43wiki website does not include BMW Z4. Is it OK to use the EU RHD E46 M54B30 for the full flash and should initially flash using jmgarage?

Qu.2 Is the RHD E46 M54B30 file virginized or EWS delete. My existing setup you kindly talked me through is EWS delete as for some reason I was unable to resync EWS using INPA.

Qu.3. What is the best approach to compare my MS430056 calibration file with the EU RHD E46 M54B30 one? Is it only select maps that I need to compare and edit using tunerpro to maintain my existing tune? Or should I use hexeditor to compare and change all values from location 070000 onwards to 07FFFF?

Qu.5 If I only need to change select maps to carry over my existing tune to be used as a base on the MS430069 software, which maps need changing?

Qu.6. If using tunerpro to compare maps would I have to use two computers to do this? One computer running tunerpro with MS430056 bin and corresponding xdf loaded and the other with the MS430069 bin and corresponding xdf? Or is there a way to compare bin files but having the corresponding xdf selected for each. It looks like you can only select one xdf and I'm not sure if the 56 and 69 XDF's are compatible. In other words is it OK to use the xdf for the MS430069 with the MS430056 bin?

I think that should keep me going for now an im sorry to be asking so many questions. I imagine you're brain is probably fried with all the incredibly hard work you have put into this but any help with this I'd be very grateful. 🙌

Take care , stay safe. 🙂

·
Because Race...Convertible?
Turbo ZHP Convertible
2,837 Posts
Anyone know where the X axis associated with the maf table is located? Trying to fix some of these repetitive 0s

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hello. Just a quick question, im thinking to run with single pre cat sensor and setting the c conf cat to 0 ( i dont have cats). Did anybody tried this configuration? What are the impressions of this setup?
Car is ms43 m54b30

I tested this setup the car is running the same no change. So if anyone needs to run single o2 sensor with ms43 its fine

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hello guys just a quick question i hope somebody can help. i want to update my ms430066 version to 0069 version without the ews delete, can i use the ms4x flasher and do full write of the 0069 version bin on my ecu? Or i need to be in boot mode and use another flasher?? Hope somebody can answer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello guys just a quick question i hope somebody can help. i want to update my ms430066 version to 0069 version without the ews delete, can i use the ms4x flasher and do full write of the 0069 version bin on my ecu? Or i need to be in boot mode and use another flasher?? Hope somebody can answer

Im on ms4300037 and wanted to update, just haven't because I have the same doubt you have, I wanted to keep EWS, maybe someone already done it and can clear it up...

8221 - 8226 of 8226 Posts