BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

8201 - 8220 of 8226 Posts

·
Registered
2002 e46 320 sedan / sport package 2 / m54b22 / steptronic
133 Posts
Mate I don't know. I was just forced to learn what i needed (and think that's it). Meanwhile I think I found many times information about it. It can be done. Just hard to do it yourself.
Hope someone experienced will answer or you must search harder.
Someone did something like that playing with drivers wish table and other stuff but I don't remember where and what it was and even in witch language.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mate I don't know. I was just forced to learn what i needed (and think that's it). Meanwhile I think I found many times information about it. It can be done. Just hard to do it yourself.
Hope someone experienced will answer or you must search harder.
Someone did something like that playing with drivers wish table and other stuff but I don't remember where and what it was and even in witch language.
Im not new to ms41/ms43/ms42 tuning. Ive been working on these ecu's from 1 year ago with succes. I did tune the vanos the throttle,pop tune. Mil conf,o2 sensor etc...
But now i cant find a way to deactivate the throttle adaptation so im here again to ask.

Sent from my SM-J415F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi guys, I was searching other forums for information necessary to my project and I found something interesting. One guy shared modified MS43 file which gives a gain of +22ps for N/A engine. He claims it's possible and proved. Unfortunately he didn't show any dyno graph. So, it's hard to belive. I don't have opinion because I didn't tested it yet. But I'd like to share this file with you and get your opinion. There are some changes in fuel, ignition, rpms maps and - what is the most interesting for me - Knock Control maps. Surprisingly Vanos, Throttle, thermostat maps stay untouched.

Unfortunately the owner (or maybe not?) wasn't able to explain me the changes of knock maps. I'm trying to find what was the purpose of knock values change and how safe for the engine this tune is now. Also what is the range of possible changes that we can make without any harm.

The BIN is from M54B30 engine with 430066 ECU. In the very next few days I'll combine this file with mine and try it in my car. Sorry if I put something what you met already.

There's also file with an original full dump of this DME.

ms43_original.pdf
ms43_tuned_22ps+.pdf
i know its an old post but do you still have that bin? i want to try it, and those links are not working anymore

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i would like to ask. I want to change versions of my ms43 dme to newer version or older. right now i have MS430066
and i would like to change it to MS430069 or to MS430056 because of the support. I cant really use romraider on this version. I have cable setup that works. Can i just flash partial file or do i need to flash virgin file in boot mode and than sync ews or how so ? please help

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi i would like to ask. I want to change versions of my ms43 dme to newer version or older. right now i have MS430066
and i would like to change it to MS430069 or to MS430056 because of the support. I cant really use romraider on this version. I have cable setup that works. Can i just flash partial file or do i need to flash virgin file in boot mode and than sync ews or how so ? please help
Use tuner pro for the ms430066 version and get the xdf files from msx wiki easier than changing versions

Sent from my SM-J415F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi again...
Need some help here. Mine is 2002 september and realoem is showing pencil style coils, I have bolt in style.
My dme was reprogrammed 1 time when I bought this car.
Here is what I found on wiki :
,,In September 2002 BMW updated the old 300g ignition coils used from M50-M54 to the newer pencil style coils. This change required an automatic learning process for all new hardware variants, starting with Index 04.

The detection was implemented in an easy way. If the EGT Sensor Post-Cat Bank 1 input (Pin X60002.12) is connected to terminal 87 (main relay output) then the MS43 switches to pencil coil mode.

That means, if you retrofit the newer pencil coils or go with the M56 valve cover, you also have to retrofit the jumper wire in X60002 and an Index 04 or newer MS43.

To make this easier you can simply copy all the pc values to their 300 pendands.,,

I need clear explanation of this guys. It's hard for me, English is not even my language.
Let's say I want to make sure ecu/dme will work based on bolt in coil type, what should I do in tunerpro ?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi again...
Need some help here. Mine is 2002 september and realoem is showing pencil style coils, I have bolt in style.
My dme was reprogrammed 1 time when I bought this car.
Here is what I found on wiki :
,,In September 2002 BMW updated the old 300g ignition coils used from M50-M54 to the newer pencil style coils. This change required an automatic learning process for all new hardware variants, starting with Index 04.

The detection was implemented in an easy way. If the EGT Sensor Post-Cat Bank 1 input (Pin X60002.12) is connected to terminal 87 (main relay output) then the MS43 switches to pencil coil mode.

That means, if you retrofit the newer pencil coils or go with the M56 valve cover, you also have to retrofit the jumper wire in X60002 and an Index 04 or newer MS43.

To make this easier you can simply copy all the pc values to their 300 pendands.,,

I need clear explanation of this guys. It's hard for me, English is not even my language.
Let's say I want to make sure ecu/dme will work based on bolt in coil type, what should I do in tunerpro ?
From what i understand, in the ecu tables, 300 means bolt on style coils, while PC means new style pencil coils so for example if you wanted to fit the pencil coils to an engine that originally had bolt in style you would copy the values from the 'pc' tables into the '300' tables, and that will save you from having to add the jumper wire. So on the tables that are on the wiki, you would copy and paste the lower tables into the upper tables if you wanted to retrofit the pencil coils, and vice versa if you for whatever reason wanted to fit the bolt in style. Hope this is an easier explanation for you!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Guys look at photo plz.
I tried but none of xdf 0066 versions can open 300's , All I can see are lower ones, witch have exactly the same numbers as shown on photo.
What if (already did) I fill the numbers from wiki and start the car ? can it harm anything ?
I repeat, following realoem and bmwcats my coils should be pencil style but I have bolt on style.
What if all this time I had wrong soft ?
Could anyone check pre 2002 september version for me ?
In history I found :
2002 - 7520508 - should be oem
2004 - 7536613 - installed later (it was written when I bought the car)
Have used tons for files since then.
Using this one atm - 7545422

Managed to handle my problem but only for 85%, I'm chasing for real season of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys look at photo plz.
I tried but none of xdf 0066 versions can open 300's , All I can see are lower ones, witch have exactly the same numbers as shown on photo.
What if (already did) I fill the numbers from wiki and start the car ? can it harm anything ?
I repeat, following realoem and bmwcats my coils should be pencil style but I have bolt on style.
What if all this time I had wrong soft ?
Could anyone check pre 2002 september version for me ?
In history I found :
2002 - 7520508 - should be oem
2004 - 7536613 - installed later (it was written when I bought the car)
Have used tons for files since then.
Using this one atm - 7545422

Managed to handle my problem but only for 85%, I'm chasing for real season of it.
I think we dont understand your Problem mark the data in the pc file and copy That in the 300 file you also had to mark them before pasting the data

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Edit - long story short :)
It works better when CAT-preparation status is on but can not set it as standart.
Can not understand what is different in that status - maps, settings... That's why I thought about coils.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dlaczego tak się dziej, daje zapisz, a po zapisz zmienia automatycznie ?, 3330> 3328, na tych ustawieniach ma od afr 14-15, a tych drugich afr 10,5 z wiki.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have printed some info from wiki... if anyone need pm me. There is basic stuff about ms43 and some settings.

·
Registered
Pre-LCI 2001 325Ci
4 Posts
Anyone have launch control working with a 6-speed transmission?

So I flashed my friends 330Ci MS43 ECU using the Siemens_MS43_MS430069_E46_M54B30_EU4_LHD.bin as a base.
Before flashing I made the following changes to the base bin file using Siemens_MS43_MS430069_Community_Patchlist_v2.5.xdf and MS430069_512K.xdf:
  • Applied Launch Control patch (current settings on the photo attached)
  • Disabled calibration monitoring checksum (set [lc_swi_cal_mon_cks] to 165)
  • Disabled drivers wish input correction (set [c_pvs_cor_max_rpl] to 0)
  • Disabled throttle request correction (set [id_tps_req_ltc_gear_mt] tables to zero)
  • Disabled antijerk function (set [c_tco_min_aj] to 142.5)
  • Changed the eThermostat target temp a little lower (changed [id_tco_sp_ect__n__maf_sub] and [id_tco_sp_ect_acin__n__maf_sub])
Everything else works but the launch control is acting weird. The LC rpm limiter will work for a brief moment but then the rpms jump straight to redline.
I found a couple of posts saying to set the PVS [c_pvs_min_lc] below 50% or set it to fourty-something. That seemed to do the trick as we set the PVS value to 39 and the launch control rpm limiter seemed to work as it should. After driving around for a few hundred km, I got a message from the friend saying the LC is broken again, and doesn't want to limit rpm longer than couple of bounces off it at a time. We have also determined that the clutch switch is working properly.
I read somewhere that this could be because of the 6-speed manual gearbox? Any ideas on what to try next?

View attachment 910564

·
Registered
3 Posts
[QUOTE = "Vireboy, post: 18852929, członek: 1068551"]
Czy ktoś ma kontrolę startu współpracującą z 6-biegową skrzynią biegów?
[/ZACYTOWAĆ]
sprawdź ten parametr i ustawa z godnie z tym co pisze ma ms43wiki
c_vs_min_gear_1 w pliki 64kb lub 512pliki i xdf 512

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi again guys...
So far I have been working on it but I can not make system to work on cat preparation status...
I need it , I really do...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello guys! I have my car tuned to the best that it will probably will go with the setup I have, but I have something anoying me, the car in 1st gear pulls less than on other gears (Without ESP intervention), is there some map limiting the torque on 1st gear that I dont know of?
If anyone can take a look at my setup to check if it's safe, the car pulls much harder than stock with this map.
It's a M54B22 on 430037 firmware.
Thanks!

Attachments

8201 - 8220 of 8226 Posts