BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

8141 - 8152 of 8152 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Awesome work Daniel, my car wouldn't be running without your files but just stuck for a 2.8 base file to start with as I'm using a 2.5 ecu and it's not running good on it atm. Thanks
If you are running MS42, there is no difference between 2.5L and 2.8L tunes. There is probably another problem like the engine hardware does not match what the ECU thinks.
Injectors, manifold, exhaust, cams etc all need to match for a stock ECU to be fully happy.

·
Registered
696 Posts
hello, anyone with issue to apply the M3/M5 cluster lights patch in V69? I apply the patch and nothing happen in my cluster....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everone ;) I'm pretty new here and started the last few days with reading about ecu flashing and played a bit with JMGarageFlasher. Managed to get my ECU into bootmode (I want to delete EWS und upgrade from 0037 to 0056 and get LC) but could not connect to it. I guess my cable is just bad - new one coming the next days. Suprisingly I can flash calibration data. So I did try pop mod and lumpy idle mod but I think one needs to spend a lot of time optimizing the tables and doing a lot of trial & error (which is part of the fun :)). Anyway: has anyone a good base file for me to work on? I have a 2002 M54B25 currently with 0037 but will be 0056 in the future.

·
Registered
70 Posts
jdjg- There have been known issues if you read the thread with some flashing with the v69 files and patches, if I recall you need to do it in some specific order.

n3rdc4r- You can go do the wiki and see if there is some basic maps for the B25, if not then if someone can confirm that B22 and B25 is similar enough to share maps then I can send my base map that came with my car (several maps made and currently using vanos settings for B25 which upps my torque with free-flowing exhaust).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Guys is there a video or guide ?
Have software and cable. Already use inpa and do dme flash but all of that was shown by someone else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi guys, have anyone experienced some strange light ignition retarding when running alphaN (got it tuned using wbo just by getting into desired afr)? shit happens totally random, sometimes it runs great just to light up mil (mil light knock mod) and feel weak in next pull ;f what are light knock ignition retarding thresholds? Knock sensors are reading something like 0,6V~. Can bad alphaN maf table cause this? I know it can happen with very high afr but imho its fine, im around 13,5 in whole rpm range at WOT.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello,

So, i got into some issues here. My friend 330CI ECU was thrown into fire by mistake last night :LOL:. We got him an ECU, but now we have to delete the EWS so he can actually start his car. I searched everywhere for a proper tutorial on how to do this, but i simply cant find it. Can anyone point us to the right direction please ?I appreciate the help !

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think you can use the "ms4xflasher" program and not use bootmode for ews delete, just choose what software version and then ews delete and flash that, unless you are going to change VIN then I think the only way is to do it with jmgarageflasher and bootmode. Check forum here Flashing Tools - MS4X Wiki

·
Registered
97 Posts
What abouy 1.4 scanner ? It has a function i just don't need it... I remember it has something like ,,ews delete'' and offered to save existing configuration.

·
Registered
70 Posts
actually you could just re-sync ews with inpa which would keep the safety incase someone would try to steal it. I havent tried the 1.4 scanner "ews delete" so cant say much about it, but 1.4 scanner can do much that inpa lacs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
actually you could just re-sync ews with inpa which would keep the safety incase someone would try to steal it. I havent tried the 1.4 scanner "ews delete" so cant say much about it, but 1.4 scanner can do much that inpa lacs.
I don't think this would help as he said they got a different ecu for him to use, so it would need virginizing before using inpa, also when you delete ews it still stops unprogrammed keys from starting the car

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
I know for sure 1.4 has that. Once i was looking for japan version dme for b22 and just could not find it. It has a different key so us and others did not work. Then i found this menu in 1.4 scanner. It even said ,,deactivate and remove ews'' but i did not want to dmg others dme's. At last i found dme + key chip + ews and tested that.

8141 - 8152 of 8152 Posts