BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

7741 - 7760 of 8187 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
It’s the threshold for fuel cut. If you set it to 7008 rpm, you will never reach 7000 rpm on decel, therefore, it’ll never fuel cut, hence staying in overrun condition and popping.
But this can lead to rev hang in most applications because of the excessive fuel being dump in off throttle conditions. This is why using the timer settings is usually the most ideal.

Pulling more timing may help burn up the excessive fuel and reduce rev hang, just a theory. Maybe some fire :) if catless.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
Isnt that determined by the 'Minimum engine speed for trailing throttle fuel cut'? I was under the impression that minimum speed was where you insert 7008 for endless pops and hysteresis controlled the frequency? Also I was using the timers however I like the idea of switchable crackle maps with a/c which isn't possible with the timer maps as far as I'm aware?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
586 Posts
Isnt that determined by the 'Minimum engine speed for trailing throttle fuel cut'? I was under the impression that minimum speed was where you insert 7008 for endless pops and hysteresis controlled the frequency? Also I was using the timers however I like the idea of switchable crackle maps with a/c which isn't possible with the timer maps as far as I'm aware?

Yes, minimum engine speed tables (ac on and off) do this.
By there’s also a hysteresis table by vehicle speed and gear with does the same. For overrun condition, “hysteresis” isn’t necessarily frequency.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello again ,

Since ill buy new headers , i decided to do a secondary air pump delete ( also for the look ) , it's super clean and it does not give me any CEL .

My question is since it does not give me any error , is there anything i should modify on the map if i deleted the pump ? Do i have to disable it from there to ?

Thank you !

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, minimum engine speed tables (ac on and off) do this.
By there’s also a hysteresis table by vehicle speed and gear with does the same. For overrun condition, “hysteresis” isn’t necessarily frequency.

Aah okay ill have another play then, I've just taken off the minimum engine speed setting and it's got rid of the hang so it was that instead of the hysteresis settings, so seems that way of getting exhaust pops needs more fine tuning to avoid rev hang

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hello again ,

Since ill buy new headers , i decided to do a secondary air pump delete ( also for the look ) , it's super clean and it does not give me any CEL .

My question is since it does not give me any error , is there anything i should modify on the map if i deleted the pump ? Do i have to disable it from there to ?

Thank you !
Yes you can find it on the wiki you have to change C_CONF_SAP to 1

·
Registered
586 Posts
Aah okay ill have another play then, I've just taken off the minimum engine speed setting and it's got rid of the hang so it was that instead of the hysteresis settings, so seems that way of getting exhaust pops needs more fine tuning to avoid rev hang

You’ll be better off adjusting the timer maps and hysteresis for engine speed and gear. Unless you want the burbles by ac on/off state.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Soooo guys....is this bricked? broken? i managed to read this file from a ms43, but i cant write to it (reading appears succesful) nor i can connect to with impa or any reader. Its obvious im doing something extremely wrong but i cant figure out what. Tested with every XDF i downloaded and none of it worked.
tried different cables, came out 3 same bins like this file. Pretty confused about it.
I couldnt find any errors like this one so thats why i ask here, if it needs to be moved, feel free.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Soooo guys....is this bricked? broken? i managed to read this file from a ms43, but i cant write to it (reading appears succesful) nor i can connect to with impa or any reader. Its obvious im doing something extremely wrong but i cant figure out what. Tested with every XDF i downloaded and none of it worked.

tried different cables, came out 3 same bins like this file. Pretty confused about it.

I couldnt find any errors like this one so thats why i ask here, if it needs to be moved, feel free.
What program are you using to read the ecu? Do you get any error codes when trying to write, and does the ecu still start the car and run OK?

·
Registered
26 Posts
JmGarageflasher with bootmode, when i try to write it says unknown error, aaaand i cant tell if the ecu works cause its not from my car, i bought it to mess around and learn about it before putting it on the car.
What seems weird is, reading the full file doesnt bring any errors in jmf, but the file as far as i can tell, doesnt work with any def.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
123 Posts
JmGarageflasher with bootmode, when i try to write it says unknown error, aaaand i cant tell if the ecu works cause its not from my car, i bought it to mess around and learn about it before putting it on the car.
What seems weird is, reading the full file doesnt bring any errors in jmf, but the file as far as i can tell, doesnt work with any def.

Thanks for your help!
Very strange, have you tried doing a full read of the working ecu on your car? If it works fine with that I would assume theres definitely a problem with the spare ecu, also are you trying this on a bench flasher? Ive seen quite a few posts if people having problems with bench flashers, also you could try reading the full flash with ms4x flash tool instead incase the program is at fault?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Its on a bench, i will try downloading the flash of the original ecu this weekend. Thanks again, ill keep posting about this.

·
Registered
'89 e30 m50b32tu
105 Posts

Thanks for your help!
If you're trying to open the file in tunerpro, you need to use a partial (64kb) file, not the 512kb boot mode read.

Or adjust the XDF header offset to 70000

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did, with every 512kb file for every ecu definition. that's why i uploaded the file, cause maybe theres something im missing.

·
Registered
'89 e30 m50b32tu
105 Posts
Nope the file is definitely very wrong. Looks like its been encrypted somehow.
Have you tried reading a partial with ms4x?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nope the file is definitely very wrong. Looks like its been encrypted somehow.
Have you tried reading a partial with ms4x?
ms4x doesnt even find the ecu with any of the cables i have. this weekend ill have the car in my home to test if it is something in my cables/pc or is it the dme.
Thanks for your help/patience!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Make sure the cable drivers are installed. What cable are you using?

If you're using a kline/inpa cable you need to power on the dme first, connect the inpa cable to the dme making sure the cable is also getting 12v and then plug into computer. Check device manager that the cable is operational and without errors. Then open up MS4x.

7741 - 7760 of 8187 Posts