BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 8141 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Glad its helping you :)

Try uploading some screenshots if the findings you are curious about.

I´m not a native speaker, although i try to do my very best, i don´t understand everything and its much easier to help with images :)

·
Registered
63 Posts

hi Danial,

1) Made changes to basic ignition map. seems to affect entire RPM range.

2) just realised my rev was still limited. Increase rev limit worked on my original bin tuned using the MS430066 XDF. it did not work on my current bin.

thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know that there are 2 main maps related to fuel.
1 of is basic injection, which is in your screenshot. The other one is Alpha/N map.
But i don't know which one ideal to tune. In which conditions tune which of them etc.

I wonder this, how much air/fuel ratio changes depends on %1 or %5 increase of these maps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't know, try one by one. That is the best and fastest way. I hate oem ecu's, and always use standalone, but what I said is the same for oem and sa. Small injectors=big percentage for a change to see.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Stock basic ignition map

Tuned basic ignition map

Difference (stock vs tuned)

So, do they still too lean to increased ignition advance? (+1.5 degrees)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hard for me to say, I use proper wb lambda to check the afr, not just tickering with the maps. I can only offer advice how to do it properly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hard for me to say, I use proper wb lambda to check the afr, not just tickering with the maps. I can only offer advice how to do it properly.

That's the best way, i know.
Can you say that how much afr changes every 1 degrees of ignition advance or something like that?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
1) Made changes to basic ignition map. seems to affect entire RPM range.
The screenshot says you are tweaking basic injection, rather then basic ignition.

Do you want to tweak a single supporting point one by one or do you want to tweak a whole row/column?

In this screenshot i selected the whole map and filled the supporting points with value 1.5 and its working like it should.

2) just realised my rev was still limited. Increase rev limit worked on my original bin tuned using the MS430066 XDF. it did not work on my current bin.

thanks
Make shure you save the bin file, maybe with a different name or even in a different folder. There shouldn´t be any issue with this. Your car is manual i guess?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The screenshot says you are tweaking basic injection, rather then basic ignition.

Do you want to tweak a single supporting point one by one or do you want to tweak a whole row/column?

In this screenshot i selected the whole map and filled the supporting points with value 1.5 and its working like it should.

Make shure you save the bin file, maybe with a different name or even in a different folder. There shouldn´t be any issue with this. Your car is manual i guess?

Hey, could you please check my posts and screenshots?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hey, could you please check my posts and screenshots?
I did, but i don´t understand your approach. You can´t simply raise fuel to compensate for earlier ignition.

Doing it the correct way would mean to purchase a knock detection tool and tweak the ignition.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Danial,

thanks for the reply.
yup, I meant the basic injection map.
I want to tweak a column only. had the car on a dyno, adjusted rows between 4100 to 5500rpm. But ended up increasing fuel to the entire rpm range.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Simply click on the column (in the screenshot i clicked on "550" to select all the support points within that column) and manually tweak it.

If its not working for you, try to download the latest TunerPro software and reinstall the old.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It is for a tracktool, will swap a 200 cell catalyst and need to get rid off the o2's and of the codes.
Beside of the codes I'm not sure if just disabling the codes is enough or maybe other parameters must be changed for preventing an impact on fuel mixture.

·
Registered
22 Posts
for some reason I don't want to flash the eu2 sw
It is enough to set c_conf_mil to 0, unplug them and reset adpations ?
I don't need to delete dtc's ?

41 - 60 of 8141 Posts