BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 8132 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've done it uncountable times, baut if feel more comfortable you could ask one of our developers. Personally i'd recommend a spare DME for easier testing.

You can use Galletto like shown or JMGarage flasher, bot require the ecu in bootmode.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I flashed a DME from junkyard and the engine is running! :clap: Awesome! Everything works fine, just the cruise control don't work in the 6st gear. Probably the MS430056 was just on cars with 5 spd gearboxes?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Actually not. We´ve been at that point to, figuring out that MS430066 was used with 6 speed gearboxes. Could you do a full flash with WinKFP on your car and send me the full file? Maybe there is some switch usable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
z3 coupe 3.0i (euro market)
ms43 0066
5wk90008

i need original part read (64 kb) file.

Does anyone have?

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Great software package :)

Not many people seem to be posting their experience with this so I thought I might jump in with some little mods I have done using thses tool:

Flashed the 325 dme with the ews delete file to assist diagnosis of a really weird issue with the car, ews file for 325 work perfectly, flashed over ms430066

Used xdf to alter the 330 with the following:

Changed fuel and ignition maps to accept 42lb injectors and 14psi boost

Changed maps dealing with calculation for diff ratio, from 2.93 to 3.15

Changed scalars to turn off factory electric fan, after market fan is fitted

Instead of flashing with winkfp, modified base file from SSG to manual flash (SSG seems to run a different base software to deal with gear recognition from manual/auto software), my base software was originally MS430064, updated by dealer in the past to MS430069. It now has MS430056, ONLY downside is no cruise in 6th gear with 6 speed manual. Also swapped the dme with one from an E39 2.5 in this process (spare dme), and ews is working correctly with the dme

Very nice work daniel f :)

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
And as to the questions of danger to flashing, my factory dme has been flashed back and forth no less than 20 times so far with no ill effect, or at least it still functions lol.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Good info and thanks for your response :)

I too think most people simply don´t understand what kind of a huge impact that software bundle could have if it would be used.

Having the basic functions, theres currently no real limit :rolleyes:

You have DTC´s popping up? Supress them!
You have SAP/CAT delete? Force OBD Readiness!
You´re topspeed is still limited? Remove the restriction!
Wanna rev higher? Raise Soft- and Hardlimiter according to your gearbox!

You want a more responsive Throttle? Simply tweak it using the corresponding map!

Mods worth several hundred dollar are included and people just seem to don´t recognise it :(

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Well for the price of a set of injectors, a fuel pump, a head gasket, an hour on a lathe, and the time to replace these items, and this software, my TS2+ is putting 255rwkw and 645rwnm on a mainlne dyno (approximately 288rwkw dynojet). The car is only tuned correctly to about 5000rpm at the moment, I was getting spark breakdown and incorrect maps from no gear recognition, and only getting aroud 10 degrees advance on the dyno after that rpm range. Using hotter plugs and sorting the dme software to re-enable gear recognition, I am sure that the figure will be much higher next dyno, the car feels much stronger now :)

I was tempted to just buy the TS3 software from ESS, but I am running 9.4:1 compression (instead of ESS 9.0:1), and a 65mm pulley opposed to the 70 or 68mm pulley that ESS use, and for $1000usd (quoted for ESS tune only), I thought I would take the risk and attempt this myself, admittedly, I took the car and this software and asked a proffesional tuner to run the car up on the dyno, and make selections what maps to change and by how much. Since that session, with what I learnt that day, which maps etc, I have continued to road tune the car before next "fine tune" on the dyno. Enabling gear recognition and a change of fuel pump meant the initial dyno tune was not correct :(

In all honesty, if I had of bought the ESS software, I probably would have blown up the car, not at their fault, but my own, as the dme software wasnt changed after SSG to Manual conversion, I coded all other modules, and reset variants, which works for auto to manual conversion, but not SSG to manual/auto.

For me this was a massive test, I would like to build the bottom end in the near future, but in all honesty, if TS3 levels are as high as I could get with an off the shelf tune, I could not justify the cost per HP. ESS claim 286rwkw and 449rwnm on a dynojet, I should end up with a much nicer figure and can then justify building the bottom end :)

I am not overly good on a computer, and I have struggled a little getting my head around ncsexpert and winkfp, but can use inpa, and with a few questions initailly, can use this software with ease :) It is very user friendly and easy to use :)

Without access to this software, based in Australia (and RHD), I would have had to pay for TS3 as my only option, and that would have been the cars potential.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Kudos to danial_f for this great software.

Flashed the 330 ews delete file to my DME. Car started right up.
So far I've have managed to do the following,

1) Deleted cooling fan with XDF.
2) Supressed DISA DTC.
3) increased overlap on intake vanos.
4) raised RPM limit
5) increase speed limit
6) tweaked throttle map

Works great!!

But I do have a question. When I increase the values of a range on my basic injection map,
it seems to rich up the entire RPM range. Am I doing something wrong?

21 - 40 of 8132 Posts