E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the slush and ice out today, and me not being that experienced of a driver, I was going too fast today and when I tried to brake my car slid sideways and slamed into the curb, not my rear wheel on the passanger side is bent under the car a little bit, and my steering wheel shakes and vibrates well I drive, it happened today, and I stopped driving, I'll take it in tomarrow. what is the most damage I could have done? what might it cost? what is the least damage I could have done?

·
Registered
53 Posts
:ben: That sux! Did you sell those wheels and tires or were you running the KDW's for winter? Not sure what you might have broken, but you know it will cost more than you wanted to spend. Good luck.

·
Registered
277 Posts
This could be something as simple as a bent rim, although that is not always a cheap fix. It could also be more damage, that I can think of the pieces, but not the names of them. So I will just say this. This could range from easy and fairly cheap to not so easy and not so cheap. Good luck

DJ

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the rim is fine

I'm pretty sure I bent some kind of arm when I looked under the car, what can something like that cost?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kdw's

I had my stock rims on

·
Registered
138 Posts
You know that your not an expirienced driver, but you were driving too fast in the ice and snow:banghead:

Sorry to say but it's your own fault, hope you learned a lesson!!

With that said, you are probably looking in and around $500+ for repairs depending on your speed when you hit the curb.

Good Luck:thumbup:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damage

any idea what I damaged

·
Registered
642 Posts
If you bent an a-arm or suspension piece..you are looking at $1000-$2000 worse case plus cost to replace rim

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,524 Posts
PM digitalgm, he had a similar experience where he hit some sand slid sideways and his rear wheel hit the curb and bent and broke some stuff. he could give you a pretty good idea what your looking at...

·
needs a new sig...
3,408 Posts
CSHFLW said:
If you bent an a-arm or suspension piece..you are looking at $1000-$2000 worse case plus cost to replace rim

exactly what i was about to type out...BTW i had fun doing donuts in the snow tonight

·
ti-m-e
1,837 Posts
$1-2K sounds about right...i did that with my old focus zx3 and did about $1.2k in damages!! that's on a ford!! on a bmw it might be more $$....ne wayz..claim it on insurance it would be a comprehensive deductible

·
Grand Doriftor
130 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago only kind of different. I was driving on a winding S curve on a 2 lane asphalt road. When I upshifted from second to third in the apex of the second curve (the middle of the S) the gear wouldn't engage. So I basically had a car going 60mph in neutral. I did a 520 skidded across the road and landed near some bushes. Needless to say their was no damage to the car (not even the wheels) and thank god for the bushes as their was an embankment next to were I stopped.

Can anyone guess my next mod? Tranny enforcer here I come.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts