E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know, if I upgrade my brakes to lets say a Brembo 14in Kit, will the factory CBC (Corner Braking Control) still work? I have the CBC or CB something... on my Z4.... i think M3 have the similar Corner Braking system... how does aftermarket big brake kit work with the factory cornerin' system?

Tks

·
Der Meisterstück
2,346 Posts
You will definitely loose the factory brake pad sensors, because there are no physical adaptor on Aftermarket brake kits for the OEM sensor.

As for technologies such as ABS/ DSC and probably CBC, you shouldnt have any problems since these technologies rely on other variables in vehicle dynamics such as speed to employ the brakes. Basically all these technologies sense something with your car such as speed differences between the wheels and begins to either pump the brakes or employ braking.

You should be fine.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
MrMotorwerk said:
You will definitely loose the factory brake pad sensors, because there are no physical adaptor on Aftermarket brake kits for the OEM sensor.

As for technologies such as ABS/ DSC and probably CBC, you shouldnt have any problems since these technologies rely on other variables in vehicle dynamics such as speed to employ the brakes. Basically all these technologies sense something with your car such as speed differences between the wheels and begins to either pump the brakes or employ braking.

You should be fine.
:werd: :)

·
www.my330i.com
1,875 Posts
I have them (Brembos) and the systems work the same as the OEM brakes.

4,165 Posts
Brake control is not affected by any brand BBK. The wheel speed sensors are part of the hub itself (the ABS sensor doing multiple jobs) and remain in place with any brake change. You could install the brakes from a 1982 320i or from a 2004 X5 4.8is, brake control is unaffected. It's a feedback system that judges changes in the wheel speed to decide whether to apply more or less brake.

- Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.