BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get bi xenon head lights for M3? I mean I only have the outer light thats xenon. The inner one is like useless.

anyone have pics?

·
Registered
87 Posts
That is by design. You have bi-xenon headlights already. The high and low beams are on the outside lights. The inside lights are for DRLs and flash to pass only. :dunno:

·
Is not Persian
870 Posts
Bi-xenon works like this. Your regular headlights are xenons. If you push the little stalk forward in order to turn on high beams and keep them on, your xenons get brighter. If you pull the stalk towards you to flash the high beams for a second, the inner halogen lights turn on. If Daytime Running Lights are activated, the inner halogens are on all the time at half intensity.

Now, from what you said (inner one is like useless) it sounds like you already have bi-xenons, but you're trying to put xenon lights in the inner ones. I dont think thats a good idea just because it takes a while for the xenons to warm up, and if you wanna just quickly flash someone it wont work well. Im not even sure you can retrofit xenons into the inner lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts