BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Here are some pictures of the new Quatro bar for the E46. We have had one on a car for about a month now with nothing but great results, and they are in the process of large scale production right now.

At present, we have 3 "colors" to choose from in terms of the baseplates/endposts; charcoal, light gray, and nickel plated (though this is more $ for the nickel plating).

Price has been set at $499, however we are going to hold an introductary buy for message board participants. We are finalizing terms of the buy, and this will be your only chance to purchase the bar at less than retail.

We will begin selling these within a few weeks, and will be taking participants for the early discounted buy-in program once terms are finalized.

There has never been a Carbon Fiber E46 bar of this quality, and the Quatro bar is definately a new and never before seen design. It weighs in at just under 2 lbs.

Anyway, here are a few pics taken today with my crappy 1 megapixel digital camera. More pics to come, and professional shots in a few days!

-Dan

[email protected]

·
Conceited Prick
2,135 Posts
Wow!!! :yikes:

·
Conceited Prick
2,135 Posts
Any word on the trim yet?

·
Banned
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
robj213 said:
I thought it was supposed to be a non hinged design??
I don't thnk we ever said it was non-hinged. We have stress tested the bar vs. an OEM M3 bar, and there wasn't a bit of difference through the range of travel that an E46 sees. We used foam markers and put our E46 through the same turns at the same speed, and the foam showed the same exact compaction between both bars (i.e. there was the same amount of travel)

-Dan

·
Banned
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well if anyone wants to see it in person tomorrow, I'll be in our booth at the Long Beach international motorcycle show with the bar. (I'm bringing it to show Josh who is already at the show) PM me if you're going to stop by and I'll give you my cell# to let you know where we are.

-Dan

·
Banned
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
niL said:
What color base is shown in the pics? Btw the pics came out great for a "crappy" 1 megapixel camera :thumbup:
The very first pic is of the light gray finish. The rest are of the nickel.

Here is a better pic of the light gray, and below it is the darker gray...

edit: notice how the tips on the ends of the bar also match the base plate. The darker gray baseplate is a tad mis-colored because of the sandblasting on the plated finish (we wanted to give it a rougher texture)

thx for the compliments. By crappy, I meant in contrast to pictures like this!

·
Registered
365 Posts
BFP said:

I don't thnk we ever said it was non-hinged. We have stress tested the bar vs. an OEM M3 bar, and there wasn't a bit of difference through the range of travel that an E46 sees. We used foam markers and put our E46 through the same turns at the same speed, and the foam showed the same exact compaction between both bars (i.e. there was the same amount of travel)

-Dan
Ahh I must have been drinking again :D My bad.

So I am just wondering, why make it a hinged design when a non-hinged one would elminiate the guessing of which is better? Would it cost more to manufacture a non hinged one or something? :dunno:

BTW it does look good!! :pimpin:

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
niL said:
What color base is shown in the pics? Btw the pics came out great for a "crappy" 1 megapixel camera :thumbup:
Thats only 1mp?! Wow! That bar is friggin awesome! I guess I can kiss my christmas money goodbye!

·
Conceited Prick
2,135 Posts
Any word on the interior CF trim?

·
Banned
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
unionjack said:
Any word on the interior CF trim?
No word yet... It's still in process. I mis-spoke when I thought it could be done quickly. It is a difficult process to manufacture the little intricate parts that attach the armrest leather, etc.

Now the alternative is a kit from a company we met at SEMA, though the parts are made overseas - which we have tried to stay away from. The kit at SEMA looked sweet, but of course anyone at SEMA is showing only their best...

-Dan

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,920 Posts
wow, very nice!
one question, is the "spacing" in the middle of the bar for function or form?
once again, very nice! the weave looks amazing.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts