E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaning towards getting a BenFer intake, but have a question for those who have purchased one.

Does the dealers have a problem with you having this or any other intakes besides Dinan?

If so, I'll have to go with a CAI that is easy to remove. BenFer seems too time consuming if I need to take my car in for service. Still under warrenty.

Sorry if this topic has been discussed before.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Any cold air intake is going to be a pain in the arse to install/remove on the BMW's. Another option over the BFP is the upcoming AEM or the Injen intakes. Both of those are high quality, proven, and about the same price as the others! And my dealer hasn't cared about my intake!

·
blackonblack
227 Posts
agreed...

once you install it the first time, taking it out and replacing it with the stock airbox should be no problem.

My dealer hasn't said anything about it either. However, if anything goes wrong with the car, they will almost always blame the intake first. You may have to go through a big battle before they admit wrongdoing.

If you are taking your car in for any problems under warranty, i would put the oem back on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your inputs

·
Registered
975 Posts
Go with Benfer, better price and the pipe goes all the way down just like dinan. I'm very happy with it. You're from O.C. it will take you 45 min. to go to S.D. and get it directly from them, they will even install it for you, I'm sure they will give you a good deal if you see them in person.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SBenfer- hope you see this Thread.

Can you guys (BenFer) install it if I drive down to S.D.

·
Registered
440 Posts
sigity said:
agreed...

once you install it the first time, taking it out and replacing it with the stock airbox should be no problem.

My dealer hasn't said anything about it either. However, if anything goes wrong with the car, they will almost always blame the intake first. You may have to go through a big battle before they admit wrongdoing.

If you are taking your car in for any problems under warranty, i would put the oem back on.
soo, if you are only taking your car in for inspection/service, then as long as the intake does not cause any problems, they won't void your warranty?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts