E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
unfortunately i dont have xenon on my car and cant afford to buy a upgrade kit for it.. thus, what "xenon wannabe" bulbs are you guys using? piaa? rybrig? spp? which one is brightest and lasts longest?

·
name's PHIL
5,887 Posts
SteelBlueXI said:
SPP bulbs are great for setting your headlight housings on fire... just ask mbixler... :eeps:

JUST CAUSE IT HAPPENS TO SOME.....doesn't mean it happens to all.........i'm sure there are other manufacturers out there that this happens too unfortunately, it's just bad luck but u'll get the replacement from them?

to play it safe, make sure u get the stock recommended wattage

·
Registered
288 Posts
Okay, I did a search and it looks like he had a short in his wires. It wasn't that the bulb burst or over heated. I changed my stock bulbs to Silverstars and they look much whiter than stock. And nothing bad has happened to them.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
13,665 Posts
You guys really need to look into the matter before you post something like that. SteelBlueXI, I thought you were against vendor bashing? :p

The SPP bulbs do NOT cause fire, only ONE person who has them has had that problem, and it was because of a short, NOT the bulb. You could CLEARLY see that in his pictures because the burning was from the back where the harness is.

JL

·
Registered
415 Posts
can anyone point me to a web page that lists what bulbs I need for the fogs in my 2001 325i? Having the fog light match the xenon headlights would complete the look. Should have come from the factory that way.... Thanks.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
jlevi said:
SteelBlueXI, I thought you were against vendor bashing? :p
Hey hey hey, I wasn't bashing. I just thought the SPP bulbs were the wrong wattage for our cars, and that's why it caught fire. Didn't know anything about a short.

Sorry. :hi:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just ordered the xenonmatch bulbs from hoen-usa.com and should be receiving tomorrow. I ordered two pairs, one for the foglights and the other for the DRL.

Will update with my feedback and possibly pics.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.