E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

After 2 years (more or less) it's time to part ways with my e46. It's been quite a ride and I am sure I will come back to the BMW world soon, right now I'm still weighing my options about what the next step is - S-Class, X5, maybe the new 5 in a year or so and a beater in the meantime etc.

Anyway, what do you guys think the best way to sell a car is? I have it on cars.com now and a bunch of free classifieds sites (masscars.com among others) but what else should I do? Does autotrader.com work better? Taking it to a wholesaler would not work, they give you vitually no money for it, maybe the local paper? eBay also seems to be a good value for buyers, not sellers. Ideas, thoughts?

Thanks,
Sergiu

·
Big in Japan
1,120 Posts
i sold my 328, and bought my subaru beater-car, from autotrader; I give it a thumbs-up. I would go with them, and perhaps a few local media outlets.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks

I posted on cars.com first because, I think (maybe because I'm a moron and haven't figured out how to use it) autotrader.com's search engine sucks (orders by price descendingly) but I hear more and more that this is the way to go.

Thanks again,
Sergiu

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RichP

If you don't mind, how much did the 328 go for (I assume it was a 2000), and how long did you have it on the site?

Thanks,
Sergiu

·
SBBMotorwerks
416 Posts
If you get a little more desperate, try ebay. You will probably reach the most people there, and you will get a free listing on autotrader.com.

I have sold two cars on ebay with no problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts