BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... really don't wanna do this but my license is suspended for the next 3 months... and i absolutely CAN'T just stop driving for that long so the haters please hold back your comments.. can't afford to get pulled over... so who knows a good way to get it attached w/o screwing it in??? that way i could just take it off again once suspension's over...

·
Registered
585 Posts
You can screw it in from the bottom of the upper part of the bumper and the holes won't be visible. and you can reinforce it with veclrow. Be careful though, you got a nice car, and cops like to run plates when they are behind you sometimes.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep... just ended up using zipties... was gonna go with 668ci's idea of just screwing it up but felt a little lazy so i just used zipties... it's incredibly ugly... but will serve it's purpose for the next couple of months... thanks for ideas everyone :D

·
G-cool, G-smooth, G-style
621 Posts
isn't it ok to place it in the front windshield? i read about some people doing this, but dont know if its legal

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
i guess he has a suspended license but still wants to drive. so putting on the front plates will lower his chances of getting pulled over.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TeKNiC330 said:
i guess he has a suspended license but still wants to drive. so putting on the front plates will lower his chances of getting pulled over.
exactly

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
Oh yea, forgot to post earlier. If you want, try some Scocth or 3M heavy duty tape. That stuff will hope your plate on your bumper with no problem.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I got a fix it for no front plate and just zip tied it on to get it signed off and then removed it. It worked but the cop who signed it off knew what was up cuz he straight out asked me if I was gonna do that.

·
Registered
11,137 Posts
but if you do get pulled over, wouldn't it be worst?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts