E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a nOOb at racing and cars in general, wondering how sum of u launch while revving. do u juss drop clutch and gas it? and wut's the ideal rpm level to rev at for a 330Ci.

·
The Man you Love to Hate
175 Posts
dont street race

·
P.I.M.P.
2,369 Posts
4k is too high, you're losing torque at that rpm....

There is no ideal rpm-it depends on the situation....if you mean torque peak...its at about 3.5k rpm, but if the weather is cold, you will be spinning in one place while the civic smokes you in first. I like to do it at around 2k-2.3k rpm to get minimal wheelspin...
Basically you hold the rpm, drop the clutch and floor it at the same time...if you start to spin the wheels, ease off the gas and floor it when you get traction.

·
BMW Land Barge
1,360 Posts
Shift just before you hit the rev limiter.
Drop at the highest RPM that you don't get wheelspin at...

And for God's sake, don't ****ing street race!

·
Der Meisterstück
2,399 Posts
haha, its in the blood. surely there are classier things to do now, since you now have a Bimmer and not a Ricer. Leave the street stuff to the kids. Unless... provoked on the road, then its understandable.

·
Registered
695 Posts
In my 6 speed I would launch at 2500. Perfect mix of wheel slip and traction

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry guys. juss wonderin. sum guy from my school, has mr-2 spyder. he believes he is like king of the world cuz he beats civics and integs. peeps are baggin on bimmer now cuz they believe his mr-2 can take the 330. juss wanted to show this kid the power of DTM.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Actually...the ideal launch RPM is 3500...the car makes its max torque at that point. Wouldn't it make sense to launch at the point at which your engine makes the most torque :rolleyes: BMW's are so easy to launch...just rev it up to 3500 and drop the clutch and away you go!

·
XXXX
563 Posts

Bimmerman330 said:
sorry guys. juss wonderin. sum guy from my school, has mr-2 spyder. he believes he is like king of the world cuz he beats civics and integs. peeps are baggin on bimmer now cuz they believe his mr-2 can take the 330. juss wanted to show this kid the power of DTM.
if he asks you to race, shrug your shoulders and act indifferent....he'll think ten times more of you...

·
Registered
444 Posts
if he asks you to race, shrug your shoulders and act indifferent....he'll think ten times more of you...
maybe in the real world but i think he's in high school, meaning that reaction will get him to be known as a ***** :lmao:

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Re: ...

Roshan said:

high school is like a battle. A battle you must win

1 - 20 of 53 Posts