E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all,

I have recently put 19x9's Magics on my 2001 E46 Sedan. I love the wheels but I am just wondering what is the best way to keep em clean with scratching them. These wheels are not chrome. Any tips would be great for between wash brake dust removal and regular washing. Also anyone of a good wheel wax?

Thanks!

·
][D ][ ][V][ ][D
1,540 Posts
There really is no easy way to keep Magics clean. When I had my Magics (3 years), I used warm water and car wash soap to keep them clean, in between washings. That's the best way to avoid scratches. You could probably go with some type of wheel cleaner as well, but for me, I'm worried about the chemicals in these cleaners ruining the wheel finish. As far as wax goes, I just use normal car wax. You could also buy various wheel waxes, but I find that normal wax protects just the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fuschnicken said:
There really is no easy way to keep Magics clean. When I had my Magics (3 years), I used warm water and car wash soap to keep them clean, in between washings. That's the best way to avoid scratches. You could probably go with some type of wheel cleaner as well, but for me, I'm worried about the chemicals in these cleaners ruining the wheel finish. As far as wax goes, I just use normal car wax. You could also buy various wheel waxes, but I find that normal wax protects just the same.

Thanks Fuschnicken I appreciate the info! :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts