BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are so many out there, I plan to install angel eyes my self on which ever Xenons I go with. They don't need to be too fancy, I just want the brightness and appearance when off to look similar to OEM. Any advice?

Also they will be for a 01 325i sedan. How do you guys think these would work, I would love to hear from some on who bought and eBay brand?
:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...019QQitemZ290241270914QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

How would these compare? they seem to be 8000k over 6000k, again I was planing to just install the Angel eyes my self, but if the Xenons are better, they may be a better VALUE for me, what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...008QQitemZ180257994535QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes they do. give them a call man. click on it, there's a bunch of drop down menu's for your to choose from.
are the Xenons where it shows HID options "DDS" ranging from 4500-17000k? Or is it the "Apexcone"?

I have this added to my car. I wish I knew more about head lights its an area I'm just not very knowledgeable in.

* Body Style : 99-01 Sedan
* HID Option : Apexcone 8000K (+ 130.00)
* Upgrade to 55W Ballasts : Yes Please (+ 45.00)
* HID Lifetime Warranty : Included for FREE
* Angel Eye Options : Mycarr Orion LED Angel Eyes (+ 70.00)
* Lamin-X : No Thanks
* Add Corner/Side Lights : No Thanks

·
Registered
634 Posts
are the Xenons where it shows HID options "DDS" ranging from 4500-17000k? Or is it the "Apexcone"?

I have this added to my car. I wish I knew more about head lights its an area I'm just not very knowledgeable in.

* Body Style : 99-01 Sedan
* HID Option : Apexcone 8000K (+ 130.00)
* Upgrade to 55W Ballasts : Yes Please (+ 45.00)
* Angel Eye Options : Mycarr Orion LED Angel Eyes (+ 70.00)
* Add Corner/Side Lights : No Thanks
Yeah, you're getting 8000k temperature (blueish white) 55W Xenons. Apexcone is just the brand. Note: the higher you go up in color temperature (i.e. the higher the number before the K, e.g. 4300k 6000k 8000k), the less light you get, but the more blue you get. So 4300k will be more yellow and will illuminate better than 6000k which will illuminate better than 8000k.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Now I've asked this in the past - and I don't think I'm 100% clear on the answer though.

What is the main difference between the DDM and Apexcone HID options offered by DDM? The DDM HIDs are priced at $95 while the Apexcone are at $130.

Benefits? Cons?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now I've asked this in the past - and I don't think I'm 100% clear on the answer though.

What is the main difference between the DDM and Apexcone HID options offered by DDM? The DDM HIDs are priced at $95 while the Apexcone are at $130.

Benefits? Cons?
Good question I would like to know also

·
Registered
32,572 Posts

Benefits? Cons?
ddm have slim ballasts. apexcone are the bigger ones. i've used and tested them both, not much of a difference in performance, however when it comes to reliability. apexcone is better. the apexcone is basically a replica of the hella gen 3 OEM ballasts. i would go with apexcone one, i believe it has better quality as it seems to last longer than the ddm slims.

·
Registered
32,572 Posts
doesn't matter. just get the resistor packs from them. i believe the apexcones should come with them. but i would call to make sure. normally if you get the apexcone kit, it would. don't know about the package deal though

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, you're getting 8000k temperature (blueish white) 55W Xenons. Apexcone is just the brand. Note: the higher you go up in color temperature (i.e. the higher the number before the K, e.g. 4300k 6000k 8000k), the less light you get, but the more blue you get. So 4300k will be more yellow and will illuminate better than 6000k which will illuminate better than 8000k.
A couple questions if you dont mind...
What would you suggest, what is more common I usually just hear bout 6000k or 8000k? Also what is the big deal about 55w ballast, its $45 but what does that get you?

To make it more affordable, I just set them up like this, does this look good:
" * Body Style : 99-01 Sedan
* HID Option : DDM 8000 (+ 95.00)
* Upgrade to 55W Ballasts : No Thanks
* Angel Eye Options : DDE CCFL Option (+ 50.00)
* Add Corner/Side Lights : No Thanks"

SO I used the DDE CCFL's for angel eyes instead of Mycarr Orion LED Angel Eyes. I don't think there should much of a difference? Please let me know your opinion. thanks!

·
Registered
32,572 Posts
^ that's perfect. though i'd just go 6000k.

you know if you would just search all your questions about HIDs and stuff will be answered. as well as angel eyes.

K = kelvin temp, (the higher the number, bluer/redder the color. the downfall is, the higher the number, the lower the light output [measured in lumens])
4300K is the stock (OEM) bulb temp. it has the most possible lumens (color: white with a yellow hue)
6000K has like 20-30% less than that (color: white with a hint of blue/purple)
8000k even worst. (color: aqua/bluish)

it's very noticeable. the bluer the light, you will see more things reflect (i.e. signs and the bumps on the ground), but you will lose visibility on the ground itself (i.e. black asphalt, walls, etc.).

now if you're in an area with lots of street lighting, which you are, then 8000k is fine.

For angel eyes, see here:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=564135&highlight=EAS+mycarr

1 - 17 of 17 Posts