BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Kleemann Info Centre GmBH
492 Posts
If you're talking about performace it'll be the Michelin Pilot Sports and then the SO-3's!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i heard that so-3 are the best...
what are those michelin pilot sports? whats the price range?
how are perrali p-zeros compared to the so-3?

·
Kleemann Info Centre GmBH
492 Posts
salonpas1 said:
i heard that so-3 are the best...
what are those michelin pilot sports? whats the price range?
how are perrali p-zeros compared to the so-3?
The SO-3's are imo the 2nd best performace and pricewise. The Michelin Pilot Sports are the best. SO-3's cost about $224 to $250+ 19"s and Michelin Pilots are about $300+ per tire.

·
BMW Land Barge
1,378 Posts
Having driven both Pilot Sports and S-03s, I can tell you that Pilot Sports are way overpriced and underperform. They have less dry traction and less wet traction. In addition, the Pilot Sports have BAD wander, which makes highway driving rather unpleasant.

I can think of two advantages the Pilot Sports DO have over the S-03s, though: They are a bit quieter, and they are better in the snow. :p

·
Registered
539 Posts
wheels

Yokohama avs es100's I believe are pretty good at a fair price..

Check out bimmer magazines article on the 330i..:D

·
BMW Land Barge
1,378 Posts
Price and performance? While I have no personal experience with it, from the reviews, that appears to be the Kumho Ecsta MX.

IMHO, the S-03 is probably the most expensive tire you should put on your Bimmer.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,848 Posts
S03

·
Registered
668 Posts
SO-3, very good, Pirelli p-zero if u go with the competition or nero version. Yoko AVS (my friend had a Japanese version AVS fitted to his skyline GTR that was fantastic, don't think it's available in US in that particular spec). just my 2c

1 - 20 of 23 Posts