BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed dinan suspension and in my opinion it could be the best.Like the dinan site says it gives you a tasteful ride height with a performance look, not that low slammed boy racer, 1 car removed from a civic look. For those who want a performance look and handling this is for you

·
Registered
88 Posts
Don't forget the other meaning behind "performance without sacrifice"... you're empty wallet. Dinan sux. Glad your happy.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
not a dinan fan
overpriced stuff that i can get better of...cheaper usually

i'll take some pss9s and some eibach/uuc sways for my car...

·
Registered
187 Posts
CtrlAltDel said:
not a dinan fan
overpriced stuff that i can get better of...cheaper usually

i'll take some pss9s and some eibach/uuc sways for my car...
:werd:

Dinan **** is just too expensive...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm goin with KW V2 coilovers and UUC sways. I want the dampening adjustment.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
yep, s'why im going with some pss9s too...they have dampening adj also.

·
Registered
296 Posts
CtrlAltDel said:
yep, s'why im going with some pss9s too...they have dampening adj also.
Yeah, I've found that the bilsteins are for race car type applicatins that the KW's will be a more supple ride since this is my daily driver regardless of dampening adjustment. Sort of the daily driver/weekend racer coilovers.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
yep yep
both are great sets of coils and you cant go wrong either way!

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,083 Posts
RebelYell said:
That's the setup I ran on my 330Ci...great handling and not too harsh for daily driving.

·
Registered
296 Posts
vinnymac said:

That's the setup I ran on my 330Ci...great handling and not too harsh for daily driving.
Thats what I wanted to hear! :pimpin:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Good Choice

That's what I'm running. Great ride for a daily driver and outstanding overall handling. I'm sure you'll be happy with it!

·
Registered
363 Posts
i actually think dinan would be good cuz it comes wit a package and replaces a lot of suspension components instead of just the springs or whatever. What other companies are out there that i can get like a "kit" or "package"

·
Registered
296 Posts
futurebmw330ci said:
i actually think dinan would be good cuz it comes wit a package and replaces a lot of suspension components instead of just the springs or whatever. What other companies are out there that i can get like a "kit" or "package"
Coilovers...do you know what they are? It depends on what stage suspension system he's talking abut but anti roll bars are sway bars. Basically you can get arguably better products for less money and have a better performer just without the Dinan logo. Now those are without a BMW factory warranty but honestly you're better off building up youself.

But any change is better than no change! :thumbup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
The other set up that works well is Ground Control. They can be totally customized based on street or race or Xover application, they use Koni shocks (racing heritage for decades) so dampening and rebound are adjustable, and they are fairly priced. No question their sway bars are the best on the market. UUC, Eibach, and H&R aren't even close.

·
Registered
88 Posts
more adjustability. Of course you actually have to know what you're doing to adjust them properly with both UUC and GC. Most people don't.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts