E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Definitely looks like the style 135 I have on my ZHP.

As for tire/tyre... no question it would be the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

·
Registered
549 Posts
--Price/performance Summer Rubber: The new 'Indy 500' by Firestone -- On my second set of fronts, third set of rears, I run Mtech II style 68 17x8 + 17x8.5 with stock sizes 245/40 rear, 225/45 Front

--Ultimate Summer, $ no object: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

--Cheap tires in ~High Performance All Season~ cat were not that great: I've tried ..
Ventus S1 Noble, they are OK,rode great, wore fast, grib not quite at summer level;
Kuhmo SP31 were slower wearing but soft sidewall
Bridgestone RE 970AS, hard and loud, grip less than two above but better sidewall, overall OK touring rubber

If I were to go away from summer tires thinking there would be some DWS variant in my life..

David

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I have nothing but amazing things to say about the Indy 500's. For the money, I feel they're the best. Their sidewalls are steep but the tire is quiet at the limit and doesn't really tell you when it's giving out. I'm currently running the General Gmax RS tires. The grips are about the same as the indy's when cold, but after a little they get up to temp and are good for about 10% more grip, making them overall grippier than the Indy's. They also make noise at the limit which helps you understand how the car is handling a little better.

If you're going Michelin Pilot Supersport money, get a serious tire like the RE71R. For what it's worth the Generals are great in rain, and the Indy's aren't bad but Bridgestone's got the lead in wet summer performance in my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.