E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a few great suggestions to get rid of the tinny rasp sound that my 2004 E46 M3 exhaust makes.... It's driving me crazy (pun intended). I'm not sure if any one can use brand names on this site however I'd like to find an Exhaust System that's affordable yet gives a nice deep sound. Cat-Back or Header-Back System. Thank you!

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
5,103 Posts
If still available????
By far the best solution is the Rogue Engineering "Anti Rasp Pipe" . I was even impressed when I had to move a car outside with everything aft of the anti rasp removed.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'm looking for a few great suggestions to get rid of the tinny rasp sound that my 2004 E46 M3 exhaust makes.... It's driving me crazy (pun intended). I'm not sure if any one can use brand names on this site however I'd like to find an Exhaust System that's affordable yet gives a nice deep sound. Cat-Back or Header-Back System. Thank you!
I like Dinan's exhaust but me wife thinks it's too loud. It's definitely not raspy/hissy like the OEM. The stock one is a lot quieter and sometimes I miss the quiet.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,900 Posts
Easiest is to just add a resonator inline next to the factory resonator. AR25/AR30 are common ones used and welded in.

·
Premium Member
2003 M3 Cabrio 6MT
45 Posts
I find that at an affordable price range most people agree supersprint is a great sound/hp gain/quality.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
5,103 Posts
Depends on what your after. If it's the unpleasant rasp, that needs to be controlled further upstream. The resonator doesn't do a particularly good job of such. Quelling the rasp with a anti rasp pipe is most effective.

Not only that, if you want a louder exhaust..... with the rasp gone you have more freedom to explore with the nastiness out of the equation.
More Mmmmmmm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts