E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Jerba, your euro tray look great I have a CSL center console in mine
Thanks man, it came with it already as it is euro spec.. love the csl center console too but wouldn't want to loose armrest does look great tough

Also subscribed for shifter and knob part #
That is beautiful!!! I need that shifter!!! Only thing is where do i gt it????
Thank you.. Sorry but I don't know part number had it installed during inspection, told my friend wich is a machanic at bmw to install the shifter. Took one day for delivery.
But I'm sure your bmw dealer will help you, just ask them for the z4m shift lever
http://leatherz.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=01&Category_Code=Knobs
you can get the knob and shift boot here.. if you are also looking for an illuminated shift knob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I installed the OEM short shifter. Works great!

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ght=z4+shifter
Great write-up

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
thanks for all the info!

i like the idea of sticking with OE parts - are all Z4 shifters the same? i can't find the part number for the Z4M shifter - it's not the same as the standard Z4, right?

·
Registered
62 Posts
thanks for all the info!

i like the idea of sticking with OE parts - are all Z4 shifters the same? i can't find the part number for the Z4M shifter - it's not the same as the standard Z4, right?
No problem :thumbup:
they're simillar but not quite the same the z4m is the shortest you can get

is not in pic but you get the idea

·
Registered
94 Posts
For those of you who have the z4 shifter, do you have noticeable "slop" over time due to the plastic shifter ball? Uuc is not the best ssk by any means, but the throw is short and the movement is akin to a bolt action rifle - precise. Also, I must be old school, but I like using my center armrest and I couldn't live with the shifter being so low as shown in m3simy's post. (uuc & I think autosolutions ssk are both height adjustable.) Just something to think about for those in the market.

http://www.nexternal.com/uuc/articles/SSK-COMPARISONS.htm
http://www.nexternal.com/uuc/articles/plastic.htm

·
Registered
355 Posts
I put the E46 Z3M shift kit in mine, paired with the ZHP shift knob and I couldn't be happier. A good friend of mine put the 330d shift kit in him M and loves it too. And they're pretty cheap, too :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks man, it came with it already as it is euro spec.. love the csl center console too but wouldn't want to loose armrest does look great tough

Thank you.. Sorry but I don't know part number had it installed during inspection, told my friend wich is a machanic at bmw to install the shifter. Took one day for delivery.
But I'm sure your bmw dealer will help you, just ask them for the z4m shift lever
http://leatherz.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=01&Category_Code=Knobs
you can get the knob and shift boot here.. if you are also looking for an illuminated shift knob

Great write-up
Thanks for bein so helpful, will get on the phone to my dealer today. I"d imagine it will slightly more expensive as i live in the UK but well its still cheaper than alot of other short shifters.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for bein so helpful, will get on the phone to my dealer today. I"d imagine it will slightly more expensive as i live in the UK but well its still cheaper than alot of other short shifters.
No problem :thumbup:
I live in Switzerland stuff here is also crazy expensive..
you'll love the new shift-feel, make shure you also get the zhp knob !!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Its much shorter. The ZHP knob plays a roll in that also. Its stubby. REally nice kit, and all OEM. Plus its on sale $125. Cant beat that. I think $400 SSK are kinda ridiculous for a DD street car.
Yeah$400 is a bit expensive for a shortshifter kit, i am sure the ssk is worth it for some people but for me the oem is ideal and very well priced.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
why hate it and love it? looks like the z4 shifter is a bit short no? the 330d shifter seems like the way to go for those who want to upgrade but not too drastically

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Man, so many options, I like to use my armrest also, hmmmm....

·
Registered
135 Posts
I really want to buy a rogue shifter and the $400+ price isn't the reason I don't want it.. It the worry of labor cost and if I ever sell the car I'd feel stupid leaving a $5-600 shifter in it.

Looks like I'm going with the Tischer kit

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,753 Posts
I've had all kinds of levers and short shift kits. The UUC +DSSR was one of my all time favorites until I got a Autosolutions 40% kit. This thing is the absolute best!! I'm running it like I have in the past with the stubby weighted knob they started to use in the zhp.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts