E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I decided my next mod is going to be a short shifter, since it'll be something I can enjoy daily. I did some searches thru the forum, and found that a lot of you guys go with UUC kit. However, for every positive thread I read about them, I find 2 more about their terrible service!

Are there better options out there, or should I just deal with it and pray for the best?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ucc seems to be a very popular kit. but it is a bit expensive at a price of 200<
I went with the z4m shifter and a zhp shift knob and love it. paid like 70bucks for the z4m shifter. its rally a huge difference approx. 50% shorter gears. and the position of the shifter is really low. worth every cent, and you stay oem.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I was put off by their service and the way they deal with problems. Had an issue with their FCAB (as im sure every customer did) and they refused to replace the part. Instead they will blame anybody they can possible blame for their product not working the way it should. The $300 fcab's are sitting in my garage now with less than 5 months use and were replaced by an $80 set that hasnt given me an issue for about 3 years now. This ssk kit was the next item on my want list but as im sure you already figured, I decided not to buy anything from them again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ucc seems to be a very popular kit. but it is a bit expensive at a price of 200<
I went with the z4m shifter and a zhp shift knob and love it. paid like 70bucks for the z4m shifter. its rally a huge difference approx. 50% shorter gears. and the position of the shifter is really low. worth every cent, and you stay oem.
Just wondering was the z4m shifter a direct replacement or did you have to modify? I love the look of the z4m shifter? Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just wondering was the z4m shifter a direct replacement or did you have to modify? I love the look of the z4m shifter? Thanks
No modification needed to make it fit, its a direct replacement. one of the best mods I did :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I went with the 330d shifter (same as the BMW Performance SSK for the M3) and lit ZHP shift knob. Very happy with it and it is way better than the original M3 shifter. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
any picture please?
What he said! I was looking at the BMW performance piece but if the significantly reduces the distance between shifts I'm all in..
-Thomas

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
The BMW Performance SSK is noticeably shorter than the OEM M3 shifter. About 20% more.... getting the 330d shifter will cost you somewhere around $60.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What he said! I was looking at the BMW performance piece but if the significantly reduces the distance between shifts I'm all in..
-Thomas
I dont have pics of install, but i can take some pics tonight of the position it sitts now and when stick is in gear

·
Registered
62 Posts
first gear:

neutral:

second gear:

side view:

The distance from neutral to first isnt a huge difference you feel the difference but nothing crazy same with third and fifth..
But the gears below like second, fourth and sixth are much shorter as you can see in the picture. The stick will get very low, you have to get used to it but once you are you'll love it.
All in all you will feel a big difference its much more precise, combinated with a zhp knob its perfect. Cost: 200>..... a bit more if you get an illuminated one like I did.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Jerba - Do you remember the part # for the shifter?

·
Registered
80 Posts
first gear:

neutral:

second gear:

side view:

The distance from neutral to first isnt a huge difference you feel the difference but nothing crazy same with third and fifth..
But the gears below like second, fourth and sixth are much shorter as you can see in the picture. The stick will get very low, you have to get used to it but once you are you'll love it.
All in all you will feel a big difference its much more precise, combinated with a zhp knob its perfect. Cost: 200>..... a bit more if you get an illuminated one like I did.
That is beautiful!!! I need that shifter!!! Only thing is where do i gt it????

1 - 20 of 40 Posts