BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys lets list some nice roads to drive...

i will start by saying in hampton nh a great road is rt 1a, scenic ocean front road with many nice corners. speed limit is 25-35 on this road but the good thing is if you went 35-45 you would have a ball and wouldn't get pulled over most likely. it is about a 20- 30 min drive and you could do it all day seriously.

direction: 95 south from boston - follow signs for hampton beach - once there you will be on 1a but stay on 1a do not go around the main beach and just follow all the way to portsmouth nh. you will hit a stop sign and an intersection - you will be able to tell when its over.. note in summertime it is a pretty crowded road.. no fun... if anyone want more precise directions feel free to ask..

i used to race during the day on my bike on this road, taking hairpin turns on the wrong side of the road..we were soo stupid.. i can not beleave i am alive.

·
Registered
Best M5 Ever Made!
6,800 Posts
I know of a bunch of good driving roads down here in dartmouth/freetown. no one around for miles, all woods, so nice.....they were gorgeous in the fall, and i've hit up a few nice ones in rochester during some of the tiny snowstorms we got... sweet.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Alright guys lets list some nice roads to drive...
in hampton nh a great road is rt 1a

COP HELL! :excited:
sorry, lived there for 12 years. bad experiences :rofl:
If you are up north like me, try route 8/16/27 in maine in the summer (I-95 to 112) place is dead, freshly paved every year due to scenic highway grants :craig: and best of all, there are (almost) NO cops, and the staties/sherriffs who do drive the hour ourside of the nearest civilization generally keep their x-band on, so they are easy to find. Generally 55, really twisty with lots of log trucks to ditch. sooner or later, you'll either turn to rte. 16 back around to get to farmington and go past rangely lakes or go to canada and have some fun. US-2 in VT is loads of fun too :pimpin:
cheers

·
Registered
860 Posts
Had a fun drive from Glenns Falls, NY to Rutland, Vermont the other day. I believe it was RT4...I was heading East. Sharp left and right turns, over little hills as you go around a turn...very fun and no cops.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree with Sugarloafer, RT-2 in VT is a great road. Occasionally you can get stuck behind a long string of slow cars which sucks the fun out of it.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vermount got some nice rds... i will take that drive to maine in the spring too. i love to drive!!!!!!! i used to take some ac!d when young get on my bike and drive til i put it on reserve.. fill up and go home... today i wouldn't think of touching ac!d i'd probrobly be like some of my friends who tweaked out everytime... of coarse the rest of us didn't help the situation either...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Merrit Parkway, as it gets into danbury.
They don't call it the Connecticutt Speedway for nuthin'
Haha agreed, love that road, except when there's traffic- it goes from fun to nightmare in one accident.

·
Registered
448 Posts
VT 100 FTW!

VT 125 is also hella fun but it's a designated "Scenic" route so you gotta go off-season or off hours or you're always behind someone.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Haha agreed, love that road, except when there's traffic- it goes from fun to nightmare in one accident.
What he said. I used to be on that road all the time when I was working in NYC... and construction sux too, all hours of day and night... I mean I was on that road for like 4 hours once cuz they were mowing the grass on the median... on an early afternoon on Friday!!!... with a Homer Simpson lawn mower (no kidding!!). My g/f (now wife) got a 90 in 55 ticket on there too driving my WRX... and I got a 60 in 55, but was really going "over 80"... at 2AM. Cool cop.

·
Registered
621 Posts
You all hit some good ones. Merrit rocks, 1A Hampton (and continue to 110 in Maine) is good - and I bike it nightly... yeah the pedal kind - but you want to scare the $&%* out of yourself you take 112 in NH. If you take 95 North to NH16 and keep going North towards North Conway tou take a left on 112 - the famous Kancamagus HWY. The first 32 miles are an up and a down with some NARLY turns, almost never cops, plenty of passing lanes, and if you can do 80+ the whole way you've got my respect... After the 32 miles you get dumped into Lincoln, NH (Loon Mtn) and if you keep going past the town you can hit some more narly ups and downs and ridiculous turns. Keep going west and you'll hit 91 or 89 in VT (depending on if you get off 112 at all).

It's east BF so you're pretty safe about cops, and those that are out there have old school radar that you can detect miles away.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You all hit some good ones. Merrit rocks, 1A Hampton (and continue to 110 in Maine) is good - and I bike it nightly... yeah the pedal kind - but you want to scare the $&%* out of yourself you take 112 in NH. If you take 95 North to NH16 and keep going North towards North Conway tou take a left on 112 - the famous Kancamagus HWY. The first 32 miles are an up and a down with some NARLY turns, almost never cops, plenty of passing lanes, and if you can do 80+ the whole way you've got my respect... After the 32 miles you get dumped into Lincoln, NH (Loon Mtn) and if you keep going past the town you can hit some more narly ups and downs and ridiculous turns. Keep going west and you'll hit 91 or 89 in VT (depending on if you get off 112 at all).

It's east BF so you're pretty safe about cops, and those that are out there have old school radar that you can detect miles away.

yes that is a great road!!!!!! i forgot about that one:excited:

·
Premium Member
7,686 Posts
What he said. I used to be on that road all the time when I was working in NYC... and construction sux too, all hours of day and night... I mean I was on that road for like 4 hours once cuz they were mowing the grass on the median... on an early afternoon on Friday!!!... with a Homer Simpson lawn mower (no kidding!!). My g/f (now wife) got a 90 in 55 ticket on there too driving my WRX... and I got a 60 in 55, but was really going "over 80"... at 2AM. Cool cop.
I ****ing hate the Merit. No shoulder, no descent rest stops. Basically, I just dont like Connecticut. ;)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Route 82 from Norwich to Chester, CT is a great ride. There a ton of other great roads in that are whose route #'s I have forgotten.

Ocean Drive in Newport, RI is a good one too if you don't mind the traffic.

·
Registered
184 Posts

Absolutely - awesome road to drive, and scenic too. I've driven all the way up there just to drive that road :) Just watch out for that one hairpin turn ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts