BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I have a '05 330i with the round steering wheel, I will be adding dynavin in a few weeks whenever the next shipment comes in so I do want to retain the factory steering wheel controls.

Looking around, I've seen the one on bimmian here but does anyone have anything to say about it? How is it quality wise? Just as good as OEM?

If that one doesn't really work out for me, what others do you guys suggest? Is there a particular one I can order through my stealership?

I have the factory alcantera one right now and it's beat to hell. With around a $500 budget, what do you guys think I should get? Thanks!

On a side note, has anyone had a royal pain in the ass trying to get a hold of bimmian for a return? They shipped me three of the wrong parts on a $900 order. 2 were completely wrong for my car, and one was the right fitment but totally the wrong color. A little upset right now to say the least, especially because I paid an extra $60 for express shipping. Emailed 'em on wednesday, no response yet. If I only spent $100 with them I expect that, but $900? Come on! If anyone on here is affiliated with bimmian please contact me, I'm sick of emailing people.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
That steering wheel still has the factory buttons.

And 600$ for a steering is too fcuking much.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How hard are these guys to install? On my jeep it was a pain in the ass messing with all the steering wheel pullers and all that junk.

I figure if I go OEM I can throw in $100 for installation and walk out having paid around $650. If I go aftermarket I'll have to install it myself, so does anyone know how hard it is to install this particular steering wheel? Any special tools needed?

If I get the bimmian steering wheel its totally dependant on if they fix all they screwups they made with my last order. I'm still pissed off about that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just replaced my alcantara wheel (which was still in pretty good shape, I just didn't like it) with the leather M3 tri-stitch wheel from Tischer BMW.

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...fo&PartID=437117&siteid=214672&catalogid=4462

$370 + shipping. I couldn't be happier - I like it 100x better than the alcantara.
Wow thanks for the link!

How did you find the installation process? What was involved? Is it a simple process and the steering wheel was just bolted on, or was it a pain in the ass and the steering wheel was compressed on (and you needed a steering wheel puller to pull it off)?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Wow thanks for the link!

How did you find the installation process? What was involved? Is it a simple process and the steering wheel was just bolted on, or was it a pain in the ass and the steering wheel was compressed on (and you needed a steering wheel puller to pull it off)?
Not involved at all. There's a few DIY's on the site which help, but it's really just disconnecting the battery, popping the clips on the backside of the steering wheel to release the airbag, unplug airbag, remove the one nut holding on the wheel, then reverse the steps to install the new wheel.

Here's a DIY I used - http://www.bmw330ci.net/projects/m3wheel.php

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the links guys! I may just go through a site vendor to make it easier on myself. Nice to know these steering wheels aren't a pain in the ass to install, although it looks like I'll have to rent/buy a torque wrench.

I'll post back here if I blow up the airbag in my face.

.... with pictures.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for your interest in our steering wheels.

We are getting a new shipment of many wheels in many styles within the next week or two (fingers crossed). We are really excited.

I have one of these on my car, and man i cannot even describe how good it feels not only how great it looks. The perfect finish to my M3.

Anyway, just because.... <the first two guys who PM me wanting one of these, I will give $50 off their wheel.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Heres a pic in my M3....
Looks like a spaceship to me ^^, too much going on in a simple steering wheel.

Go for M3 tri-stitched alcantara wheel, the look is priceless.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts