BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lookinf to purchase a power pulley set for my 2001 325ci. I am looking to get Rogue Engineering unless I get better recommendations. Just want to know what is out there and if you have a power pulley set installed how do you like it.

Thanks

·
Big in Japan
1,359 Posts
I have the RE, very good for the money, cant go wrong!

In terms of power gains, they are all about the same. On my car (the dyno on their site) a 6hp gain was realized.

·
Registered
217 Posts
R.E Pulleys :thumbup:

·
1,334 Posts
So I am only aware of RE and UUC. Can anyone find a compelling reason to use one or the other, or does it not matter at all. I want to order a set this weekend!

·
Banned
96 Posts
I have a set of brand new UUC pulleys for your car if you are interested. I have heard great things about UUC and Rogue so I'm sure you can't go wrong with either. It's all preference.

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
RichP said:
I have the RE, very good for the money, cant go wrong!

In terms of power gains, they are all about the same. On my car (the dyno on their site) a 6hp gain was realized.
is that 6 crank hp or wheel?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6 wheel Horse Power

·
Registered
225 Posts
its not bad as long as the pully is not for the crank. this is fir the power steering and fan pulley only so you have nothing to worry about

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,344 Posts
I don't think there can be a difference - you can only fit pullies up to a certain size, one company can't make them any bigger than another company and still have them physically fit on the engine.

I'd get RE, they are in stock and you'll get them in a few days. UUC is eternally backordered, and I don't think even God knows when you might get them. Don't get me wrong, UUC makes great stuff, but their backorder situation is, shall we say, not helping their reputation at the moment.

·
Banned
2,061 Posts
Is it a noticeable gain? I mean significantly noticeable?

·
E46Fanatic
3,128 Posts
slow323ci said:

I'd get RE, they are in stock and you'll get them in a few days. UUC is eternally backordered
actually when i ordered my RE pullies they were on backorder and i had to wait two whole weeks :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts