BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adding this to my list of maintenance repairs. I've seen bavarian autosport has a CCV kit (not sure it's OEM though), and places like FCP Euro sell the parts individually. Also, just to confirm, what are all the parts I need for this repair?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GetBMWParts.com has a complete OE BMW kit for $110 + shipping.

http://www.getbmwparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=MorePartInfo&PartID=789937&siteid=214672&catalogid=4462

While in there, it would also be a good time to tackle the:

-Oil Filter Housing Gasket
-Vanos Oil Line + Washers
-Air Distribution O-Rings
Thanks so much Knight. You helped me with my cooling stuff too :thumbsup:

Ya, I'm doing the oil filter housing gasket repair, as well as the valve cover gasket too. Wasn't aware of the vanos oil line plus washers?

In another CCV thread, I did see to add the air distribution O-rings. Should be six of them correct? Part number 11617502761. I have these in my FCP euro cart.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
GetBMWParts.com has a complete OE BMW kit for $110 + shipping.

http://www.getbmwparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=MorePartInfo&PartID=789937&siteid=214672&catalogid=4462

While in there, it would also be a good time to tackle the:

-Oil Filter Housing Gasket
-Vanos Oil Line + Washers
-Air Distribution O-Rings

+1 its not a complete kit tho if you get the cold weather from them. It only comes with 3 of the 4 hoses.

You will need #11617504536. Also a good idea to get the 2 dipstick o-ring on the top of the dipstick.

Getbmwparts comes with the lower dipstick to engine oring. Going to be doing it this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2016 340i & 2002 325Ci
3,277 Posts
Thanks for that link Knight. Was just about to pull the trigger on Rein hoses and the OE valve and it was about $20 more from another vendor, thought that was as cheap as it gets for OEM. OE cold weather for $110 is a great deal.

Also, care to elaborate more on the Air Distribution O-rings? I've done nearly everything else in the area (cleaned TB, ICV, replaced gaskets/grommets, ofhg, etc.), and that's not something I've really heard about.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Damn, you think at 94k I already need a vanos rebuild kit? These repairs are getting crazy lol :banghead:
At 10 years old, under the hood, electronics and rubber won't last forever under heat and pressure. You can either do it while you're already under the hood, or wait until something fails and do the diagnosis and repair on the car's schedule. It's a common failure point, so a lot of us try and get stuff out of the way ahead of time, as opposed to letting the car interrupt our day to day activities.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
At 10 years old, under the hood, electronics and rubber won't last forever under heat and pressure. You can either do it while you're already under the hood, or wait until something fails and do the diagnosis and repair on the car's schedule. It's a common failure point, so a lot of us try and get stuff out of the way ahead of time, as opposed to letting the car interrupt our day to day activities.
Different strategies for different folks.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, makes perfect sense and this is why I decided to completely replace the entire cooling system and not just one or two components like the indy shop wanted to do.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I was doing some more CCV research and found this thread too. Looks like BMW of Morristown has a good price on the CCV kit. Not sure if that is cold weather though pricing :hmm:

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16363401#post16363401
Correct, that's for the Genuine BMW cold climate CCV which runs under $100. I keep updating that post as prices change, and BMW of Morristown has pretty consistently been the lowest priced vendor out there.

I'll be sure to update that post again, though, and add that it is in fact the cold climate version. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Very quality post right here... listen up OP
:thumbup:

Thanks so much Knight. You helped me with my cooling stuff too :thumbsup:

Ya, I'm doing the oil filter housing gasket repair, as well as the valve cover gasket too. Wasn't aware of the vanos oil line plus washers?

In another CCV thread, I did see to add the air distribution O-rings. Should be six of them correct? Part number 11617502761. I have these in my FCP euro cart.
Happy to help. :thumbup:

Part number is correct. You can find OE BMW ones for a similar price here:

http://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/index.cfm?searchText=11617502761&make=BMW&action=oePartSearch&siteid=214672

+1 its not a complete kit tho if you get the cold weather from them. It only comes with 3 of the 4 hoses.

You will need #11617504536. Also a good idea to get the 2 dipstick o-ring on the top of the dipstick.

Getbmwparts comes with the lower dipstick to engine oring. Going to be doing it this weekend.
Good to know, thank you. Image shows 4 hoses though. I'll be ordering this kit so I will call them to confirm.

Thanks for that link Knight. Was just about to pull the trigger on Rein hoses and the OE valve and it was about $20 more from another vendor, thought that was as cheap as it gets for OEM. OE cold weather for $110 is a great deal.

Also, care to elaborate more on the Air Distribution O-rings? I've done nearly everything else in the area (cleaned TB, ICV, replaced gaskets/grommets, ofhg, etc.), and that's not something I've really heard about.
Anytime. The o rings are replaced on the piece below, which is removed during the CCV job.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
The picture they have up isnt a cold climate ccv kit. The kit i recieved from them was a cold weather ccv for 110 and had everything pictured except the far left hose. Thats why its 40-50 cheaper than the other options listed.

·
Your #1 OEM BMW Part Source
1,045 Posts

Our 'Cold Climate Version' kit available here actually does include part # 11617504536.

:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts