BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gonz997
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a set of 6pot/4pot 380/345 coming soon and I'm wondering what the pads are like from Brembo (dust-wise)? I've also got a new set of Vorsteiner Wheels in full polish and I'm going to want to keep them as dust-less as possible.

Starting off from new if they're not ceramic should I just get them and/or are there any issues I should be alerted to?

Thanks in advance for helpful input.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Try wheel wax :dunno: Im gonna actually try that stuff when I detail my car next time. No need to sacrfice braking power :)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I've got a set of 6pot/4pot 380/345 coming soon and I'm wondering what the pads are like from Brembo (dust-wise)? I've also got a new set of Vorsteiner Wheels in full polish and I'm going to want to keep them as dust-less as possible.

Starting off from new if they're not ceramic should I just get them and/or are there any issues I should be alerted to?

Thanks in advance for helpful input.
i've got the same BBK as above with the Brembo pads specially made for them by Ferodo. very little to no dust even with hard tracking. NO fade. good choice.

·
Gonz997
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've got the same BBK as above with the Brembo pads specially made for them by Ferodo. very little to no dust even with hard tracking. NO fade. good choice.
I've had some tell me that they're made by Hawke and dust like crazy. So the Ferodo's are standard I take it? I wash my car weekly and detail it so I guess it's not a big deal, I just didn't want an OEM-type of pad as they're just plain nasty. I'm currently running Axxis on my OEM and they're fine. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I've had some tell me that they're made by Hawke and dust like crazy. So the Ferodo's are standard I take it? I wash my car weekly and detail it so I guess it's not a big deal, I just didn't want an OEM-type of pad as they're just plain nasty. I'm currently running Axxis on my OEM and they're fine. Thanks for the input.
well, my tuner special ordered the Ferodo pads for me. We are not exactly sure what the compound is , but it is seemingly not ceramic, it's some kind of secret. they came in a brown bag, hehe. I understand that these pads are not available to be bought on the free market. Maybe the best is to contact Brembo directly. I can just vouch for the performance of these pads and I found dust negligible.

·
Gonz997
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information. I'm going to follow-up with Brembo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts