BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
topic pretty much says it all. i dont have much experience here but im looking for things like the pandora album cover art. im also looking to run regular antenna radio as well.

hoping for an easy install that my mechanic can handle and ive got about a rack to spend. i currently have an iphone 5 but upgrading to the 6 with mobile hotspotting very soon (if that makes a difference). thanks for any info and recommendations!

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
4,588 Posts
Will the stock Navigation unit's Bluetooth stream Pandora and other music services like the phone will?
Stock bluetooth is phone only, not music. I put a Miccus bluetooth unit in my glovebox connected to the aux, and it works great. If you go this direction, have a car audio person run a switched line with a 5v converter to the glovebox. That way your bluetooth connects automatically.

I do Spotify, pandora, and podcasts.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Stock bluetooth is phone only, not music. I put a Miccus bluetooth unit in my glovebox connected to the aux, and it works great. If you go this direction, have a car audio person run a switched line with a 5v converter to the glovebox. That way your bluetooth connects automatically.

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts

Where is the Aux? Is that at the back of the nav unit, in the dash? So to get to it you have to remove it to get to the back of it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts