BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car last friday (10/19) and I was looking for some mods to put on it to jumpstart this project. I wanted to start with the cosmetic stuff. But all feedback is appreciated.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
406 Posts
I just got my car last friday (10/19) and I was looking for some mods to put on it to jumpstart this project. I wanted to start with the cosmetic stuff. But all feedback is appreciated.:thumbsup:
Columbia! I'm up in Charlotte...welcome. Clear signals would make it look very nice. I just did this and mine looks much better w/o the amber.

EDIT: Do a "golf tee" mod as well. Just search "golf tee mod" and you will find ample threads. It will give you a little bit better exhaust sound.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I have seen many silver BMWs with the clear lights. But I think I like the smoked corners and sides better. what do you think?

·
Registered
406 Posts
well I have seen many silver BMWs with the clear lights. But I think I like the smoked corners and sides better. what do you think?
Strictly up to you and what you like. I see a lot of black cars with the smoked. I have a black 330i, but chose to go with the clears. Check the gallery for pictures of silver cars with the smoked signals.

However, you have to post pics once modded!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello to everyone nearby. Yeah my room mate has a black 328I with clears and we took his off and put them on my car which looked good dont get me wrong but I would like to see what the smoked look like before i commit.

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
keep the clears and pick up a set of halos... will be the best first mod IMO... will make you stand out as a fanatic right off the bat :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really want an M3 bumper and some rims. that would set the car off. Lights will probably be done first. I have a system to put in it just hard to find time. needs tint and that will be it for a while.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey! Welcome to the Forum! I live in Murrells Inlet, SC (just south of Myrtle Beach) My 328i is the same color as your car and I would have to say that I really like the OEM clears on mine.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey! Welcome to the Forum! I live in Murrells Inlet, SC (just south of Myrtle Beach) My 328i is the same color as your car and I would have to say that I really like the OEM clears on mine.
Well I like the clears but I'm trying to find out if the smoked will look better.

·
Registered
71 Posts
get some angel eyes for your headlights and a new grill. I got Predator Chromium Angel eyes and a carbon fiber grill.

Other than that my favorite mod it my Rogue engineering DMS exhaust.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im thinking of keeping the chrome but not sure yet. I have no clue about what lights i want yet though

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
Start with the basics: clears, angel eyes, corner bulbs. You can also make the front end a bit more aggressive with matte black grills. Here are a few links for you:

Sedan Front Clear Corners (Smoked or Clear)

Sedan Clear or Smoked Sidemarkers

M3 Style LED Rear Tail Lights for Sedan

Pre-Facelift Style Rear Tail Lights for Sedan

Facelift Style Rear Clear Tail Lights for Sedan

Predator Chromium Angel Eyes

LED Front or Rear Turn Signal Bulbs

LED Sidemarker Bulbs

That should give you a good start :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Start with the basics: clears, angel eyes, corner bulbs. You can also make the front end a bit more aggressive with matte black grills. Here are a few links for you:

Sedan Front Clear Corners (Smoked or Clear)

Sedan Clear or Smoked Sidemarkers

M3 Style LED Rear Tail Lights for Sedan

Pre-Facelift Style Rear Tail Lights for Sedan

Facelift Style Rear Clear Tail Lights for Sedan

Predator Chromium Angel Eyes

LED Front or Rear Turn Signal Bulbs

LED Sidemarker Bulbs

That should give you a good start :)

I got to go to class i will be back on later. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
do you have chrome or black window trim? because if you have one if i were you id keep it with the same flow. if you have black window trim go with the black grill and other black components if you have chrome go with the chrome grill. just my opinion. or you can keep the black trim with the chrome grill (like me but my car is dark) but i dont know if they would look good on a lighter car.
just something to think about.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts