E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
flavaaroni
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive decided that im gonna go with a kicker theme in my car... im gonna get 2 12"subs and an amp... what is the best sub/amp combination for my car? i dont know much about the power, frequency stuff so yea... if you guys could help... thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not to be rude, but why Kicker??? THere are many other brands out there that have better products at the same price point. For example:

Arc Audio, Diamond Audio, Phoenix Gold, PPI, JL, etc....

·
Registered
82 Posts
True...but how about the newer companies like elemental designs, Adire Audio, even Image Dynamics? IDQs have great SQ for roughly $120.00 - $140.00 (10s).

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,902 Posts
napalm.one said:
True...but how about the newer companies like elemental designs, Adire Audio, even Image Dynamics? IDQs have great SQ for roughly $120.00 - $140.00 (10s).
right on point napalm...i'd go for the idq over jl's w6v2 or kickers anyday..its cheaper, requires less box space and sounds just as good. but whatever floats your boat....just would like to expand some of the other options available:thumbup:

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,172 Posts
CiRaceTechnik said:
ive decided that im gonna go with a kicker theme in my car... im gonna get 2 12"subs and an amp... what is the best sub/amp combination for my car? i dont know much about the power, frequency stuff so yea... if you guys could help... thanks.
I was thinking of that setup later...been through all kind of top end stuff and now I want to try Kicker...

I would go with solo-baric L7 2-10" and Kx800.2 or Kx500.2 :thumbup:

In my case im keeping my old setup but get the L7 later since all my other stuff is still siting in the closet waiting :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts