BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching on exhaust for a 2001 M3, and i've found a few....i heard the Remus Exhaust is nice sounding but i dunno performance wise if its good or not....does it fully replace the catback exhaust or do i have to cut my old exhaust and replace it with the Remus.....anywayz if you have dynos from exhaust systems and such please post them or if u have suggestions please let me know.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
go with eisenmann race exhaust

at www.eisenhaus.com

i think majority of m3 owners have/prefer these. other popular choices are supersprints and borlas. i wouldn't go remus or dinan. there are a few titanium exhausts around too. eisenmann makes one that's very nice, but it's expensive.

btw, any exhaust on the m3 doesn't do much at all performance-wise.

·
Registered
32 Posts
mthreebmw said:
go with eisenmann race exhaust

at www.eisenhaus.com

I second that, from all the exhausts I've heard, Eisenmann is the best. I think they all have about the same performance gains. Of course, if you want to spend a lot of money, get a titanium for the weight savings. But just for sound, get Eisenmann and keep some money for more mods :thumbup:

www.eisenhaus.com

·
Gear up, shut up!
1,228 Posts
i keep hearing about the eisenmann one...im still not sold on in. I guess one day ill have to hear it in person..anyone in FL with one on an m3?

·
Registered
158 Posts
depends on what you want.

Do a search.. there have to be millions of threads across the 10 or so different M3 related webboards on which is the best.

My opinion is the Meisterschaft. Its light and it sounds MEAN. Not the best $ per performance but I really like it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i think it really is your preference...the 4 things i looked for were appearance, sound, performance, and price.

here's a link to most of the exhausts out there, except for maybe dinan. you have to register to see the pics, but if you're serious about buying an exhaust, you should check it out.

personally, i've heard supersprint, acs, and eisenmann's in person. the sound of the acs wasn't throaty/loud enough for me and the supersprint, although it sounds pretty good, didn't look as good as the eisenmann...the acs is a good exhaust, but i don't really care for the figure 8 design...but that's all subjective. i love my eisenmann race exhaust...i think it sounds the best... Go Meisterschaft if you could afford a little more....

get the exhaust that you like...everybody's different. i think quality wise, they're all similar, unless you pay the extra grand and go for titanium exhausts....which are awesome.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm for one too!!!

I'm looking for a quieter Exhaust... But I'd also want it to sound like a Ferrari when I floor it... I dont want it sounding like a CIVIC. Anyone know of an exhaust that matches this discription? For a e46 M3.

·
Registered
26 Posts
don't worry...no exhaust can make an m3 sound like a civic...but on the other hand, no exhaust is gonna make it sound like a ferrari either.

·
927 Posts
Malladawg said:
I heard the Eisenmann just last weekend. Definately the best sounding M3 exhast I've heard so far.

I have the Miesterschaft version (SUS). It rocks and the tips are nice and big..

I may be in the market to sell them if you are interested but not not sure cause the SOUND and look are awesome.

Miesterschaft suppose to be a level higher (better performance and welding) than say the Eisenmann RACE.

www.eisenhaus.com
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95441

·
Registered
31 Posts
ive heard someone say borla and AA sound the same? :dunno: , and that borla is lighter? im pretty sure the weight with borla is lighter than AA but do they sound the same?

Tailback2 said:
I have had my Borla Exhaust for almost a month. It sounds very nice. With the windows up it almost sounds stock and there is no drone. With the windows down you can hear the deep tone of the exhaust, sometimes with a little burble. Here are a couple clips.

Borla Exhaust Drive Away - Windows Down
Borla Exhaust Drive By - Full Throttle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmmm....so far i've heard Eisenmann Miesterschaft are pretty good....expensive but their performance upgrades at between 6%-7% rwhp gain and allow more breahting for the exhaust...some odd reason the Remus exhaust has a deep throaty exhaust and its not even a full cat back system....

·
Gear up, shut up!
1,228 Posts
the remus and the ACS are going to sound nearly identical with the remus being the slightly louder and more brash of the two.

Eisenmann when compared to the others is going to be louder but has a sound apparently that cant be missed.

The borla and AA do sound close but the AA seems to have more Zing at the top where the borla holds its composure more.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
i like the gruppe m exhaust

if you can afford it. sounds good and you save around 40 lbs.
bobm3 ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts