E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, i have e46 316i 2001 and i would like to ask which engine is best to swap and also cheapest. If its possible to do only “plug and drive” or if i have to change some things after swaping engines to like 2.5-3.0
Thanks for any advices.
#drivesafe

·
Registered
5 Posts
So… right off the bat someone is going to do it so it might as well be me- LS engine swaps are pretty popular, they are pretty cheap and easy to come by, parts for them are abundant, they can make big power, and since a lot of people swap them there plenty of resources out there to help/guide you.

If you want to stay with BMW engines, and you have the money- just go for it a get an S52 not only for the ~330hp but the reliability.
Personally, I’m looking for an M3 automatic convertible to cannibalize the drive train for my e46 328 sedan. Plus I can steal a lot of other parts as I go and sell the leftovers as a part out.
I’m sure there are more knowledgeable people out there but this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OP is in the Czech Republic, where very few LS engine ever existed.
Ope my bad. LS engines were used in Chevrolet’s Corvette and Camaros for the most part, a few other US models, and a few Holden’s from Australia. The Vortec engines from GM trucks are essentially a cast iron versions. Idk what you have access to in your area but anything is available on the internet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.