E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know which is the best intake out for the 02+ m3? sound and horsepower and torque increase wise also

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,944 Posts
gruppe m bar none

and add the shark injecter best 1 2 bunch for the bucks....
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
33o ci 5 speed

samji7 said:
anybody know which is the best intake out for the 02+ m3? sound and horsepower and torque increase wise also
Well this is my intro to fanataics and I wanted to say my 2001 330ci with Jim Confortis shark injector and Remu exhaust w/o cat and the $140 Divizione cold air intake is bullet proof on the street even more so know.

I dont know if they can fabricate it for m3 specs though!

·
Registered
640 Posts
If you're into Bling get GruppeM or the Bavauto one (or pretty much anyoen you like since it really doesnt do anyting for perfromance. If you actually want performance get K&N.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
375 Posts
gruppe m has discontinued selling their intake because it makes little to no hp.

get the k&n over the AFE because AFE has been known to cause stalling. hope that helps

·
Registered
281 Posts
Get the K&N, AFE will cause you a lot of problems and GruppeM doesn't do anything.

I heard the shark injector doesn't do ANYTHING. For a chip, get eurobahn superchips.

·
Registered
66 Posts
K&N or aFe. I have the aFe and have never stalled. Car definitly pulls harder, nice sound. K&N is cheaper so that is the best deal bar none.

Superchip is a great mod but isn't cheap.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,944 Posts
hi that was a mistake gruppe m they are still making

seedster2 said:
gruppe m has discontinued selling their intake because it makes little to no hp.

get the k&n over the AFE because AFE has been known to cause stalling. hope that helps

it is one of the best perf. intakes on the market.. a couple of venders were saying it was no good gruppe m co came out with a statement explaining what really happen about all the bad talk about it. look it up in the search mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
samji7 said:
K & N Typhoon, for $250 you can't go wrong. Easy install, looks good and even adds a little power - one of the better mods in my opinion...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Groupp M is one of the best performance intakes on the market?? :lmao:

'till this day, no one has shown a dyno sheet and prove that this intake acutally increase HP.

why do you think when AFE came out w/ their intake, there were at least 6 M3 owners trying to get rid of their Groupp M??

If you want to go for LOOKS, go with Groupp M for sure. It does look nice when hood is open.

If you want PERFORMANCE, go for K&N, for 1/5 the price of Groupp M and 1/2 the price of AFE, wonder how the other two stay in business. :dunno:

bobm3 said:
it is one of the best perf. intakes on the market.. a couple of venders were saying it was no good gruppe m co came out with a statement explaining what really happen about all the bad talk about it. look it up in the search mode.

·
Banned
6,535 Posts
AFE = most performance increase (proven on dyno from several people), only problems is, some people claim stalls, but others say 'no problem'.

K&N = cheaper side with some performance increase (proven on dyno)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts