E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

I think after 21,000 miles on my stock shocks and H/R sport springs, they have finally given their last breath and RIP!

My car is slowly getting that slammed look but with very bad handling...need to do something about it.

Either get some Koni Yellow Shocks and be done with it but kinda worried it won't be low enough.

If I were to get coilovers, what is the best system out there and also cost effective?

please advise,
rick

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
#1 KW
#2 Ground Control
#3 Bilstein
#4 H&R
#5 Vogtland
#6 Koni =)

·
Registered
609 Posts
i like pss9,coz i never had KW before heheh

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
STALKER said:
which one gives the closets ride quality to stock, Im lookin also, but I want my ride to be as close as possible to stock. Im torn between the KW2 and the PSS9 myself.
the KW's offer the most flexibility in both ride height and dampener

·
Registered
434 Posts
I got the PSS9s installed a few days ago, and love them. Night and day difference from stock. I wanted a lot more road feel, and got it (set the stiffness mid level).. I've heard at 9 it feels like stock though...

Did a slight drop only (about an inch), and love them. Got them from bimmerparts.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Not that easy!

contrary to the previous post, most serious M3 drivers... who spend some time at the track... will say Ground Control!
The PSS9's are great "street" casual c/o's but not for the serious!
Sways are perhaps more important for most drivers, and make as big or biffer difference.

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay guys thanks for all your opinions...it really helps to read what everyone else has.

I'm leaning towards the KW's so my next question is what is the best place to buy? Price?

Will most likely be putting on some Eibach Sways to go along with this kit to give my M3 some enhanced cornering capabilities...

thanks,
rick

·
Registered
0 Posts
what do you guys think of the Fk coilovers, i believe the FK model is called the konigsport.

does anyone know how these compare to the KW's?

thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts