E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got an e46 saloon/ sedan
I was wondering what wheel spacers people recommend for the saloon. I’ve got a set of mv1 I believe I’ll need 12-15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear to get the poke I’d like can anyone recommend a set

· Registered
2005 BMW 330i
986 Posts
Recommend? They are a metal plate, what's to recommend? Just get the size you need, and new bolts.
Terrible advice. Yes, they seem very simple but the truth is you do not want to buy any old cheap/budget spacers. You will be looking at $100ish per axle, so about $200-$250 shipped.

Low cost spacers aren't made well in terms of quality, they will introduce wheel wobble and wheel bolts could have very weak threads. Stick with a well-known brand like H&R or Eibach. Might want to consider a stud conversion kit to make it easier taking wheels on and off as you have the wheel to hold and line up along with the spacer.

EDIT: Exhibit A. Poor tolerance for wheel hubs.

• Love
Reactions: MrMCar

· Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Terrible advice. Yes, they seem very simple but the truth is you do not want to buy any old cheap/budget spacers. You will be looking at $100ish per axle, so about $200-$250 shipped.

Low cost spacers aren't made well in terms of quality, they will introduce wheel wobble and wheel bolts could have very weak threads. Stick with a well-known brand like H&R or Eibach. Might want to consider a stud conversion kit to make it easier taking wheels on and off as you have the wheel to hold and line up along with the spacer.

EDIT: Exhibit A. Poor tolerance for wheel hubs. View attachment 934834
That makes sense. If I was to look at conversion kits what should I be looking for? Any recommendations or tips

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.