E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any good brake pads to get. My mechanic recommends axis pads? anyone heard? i have a few more thousand miles before they need to be changed. appreciate any feedback.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
On my honda civic I have axxis ultimates! They are awesome and under extreme heat conditions the bite is awesome. They seem to work better under harder situation. I don't brake that hard in that past week because I have a lot of moving things in my car, but I highway a lot and I go really fast. I also put the brembo blank rotors on my car(honda civic) and they are awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
juniorstudio said:
I got Axxis in the rear, and Hawk in the front. Guess what, I have to clean my front wheel more often then rear.
When it's time, I will go with Axxis. :thumbup:

LOLOL thats because when you brake most of your cars dynamic weight is transfered to the front, that and the fact that naturally our E46s (such as most if not all cars) are front brake biased, AND you have larger front discs than rear...

Off course you have to clean your front wheels more!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
Carlos ///Mtech said:
LOLOL thats because when you brake most of your cars dynamic weight is transfered to the front, that and the fact that naturally our E46s (such as most if not all cars) are front brake biased, AND you have larger front discs than rear...

Off course you have to clean your front wheels more!
I know, but I had the Hawk in the rear too. It gets dirty more than Axxis. :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,026 Posts
juniorstudio said:
I know, but I had the Hawk in the rear too. It gets dirty more than Axxis. :dunno:
Exactly which Hawk pad are you running? If you bought Hawk HP+ (which is a light track/street pad), that would explain it since the HP+ stop better but are much dirtier than the Hawk HPS pad. <=== Thats the dustless one. Maybe you got the wrong Hawk pads sent to you by mistake?

Bart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
The Rock said:
Exactly which Hawk pad are you running? If you bought Hawk HP+ (which is a light track/street pad), that would explain it since the HP+ stop better but are much dirtier than the Hawk HPS pad. <=== Thats the dustless one. Maybe you got the wrong Hawk pads sent to you by mistake?

Bart
Oh I got it now.
Yeah I hae the Hp+ one. Sorry. :banghead:
 

·
No more E46 :(
Joined
·
2,536 Posts
Here is a question for everyone.

I know with BMWs, when you replace the brake pads, it's best to replace the rotors. If I just want to change out the pads (to less dusty ones like Hawks, etc), do I have to replace the rotors, too? I am annoyed by the large amout of brake dust we get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
BlackChrome said:
Here is a question for everyone.

I know with BMWs, when you replace the brake pads, it's best to replace the rotors. If I just want to change out the pads (to less dusty ones like Hawks, etc), do I have to replace the rotors, too? I am annoyed by the large amout of brake dust we get.
They recommend replacing the rotor? No way. I have to assume they true up the rotor on a lathe, but replace it? I have to doubt it. Rotor should last at least a couple pads worth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
I like my Hawk HP-S pads. I chose to do rotors front and rear, even though there was no indication that replacement was needed. My thinking was that for the extra $100 I can eliminate any worries about vibration, noise, etc... It seemed like a safe insurance policy to me.

Since installing the HP-S I have noticed almost no dust, but I am not thrilled with the pedal feel. They are a bit more spongy than the stock pade.

Still, it is a good move!
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top