BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, unfortunately I am having to park my 05 bmw vert outside. I live in Michigan so the car will experience all 4 seasons. I was wondering what some good preventive ideas were to protect the car while its outside. Also, what is the best 4 season cover I can buy for it.
Thanks so much

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
you can buy raggtopp cleaner and protectant, that should help a bunch, and i guess just buy the BMW car cover? or if youre super baller just get a hardtop

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have an evolution 4 great for UV protection. But when it rains i have white dust on my whole car so I stopped using it. I got it from bav auto for 225 I think. I'm getting the Bavarian ultimate cover next week its cheaper and I think will keep all the water off. The evolution cover is too breathable to keep moisture out so I end up with (Coral dust) I live in the Keys. I'll see you my old cover real cheap. It has a little damage one rip under driverside mirror and the rear antena area the gromit came off so now its just a hole. If you want a cheap cover PM me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an evolution 4 great for UV protection. But when it rains i have white dust on my whole car so I stopped using it. I got it from bav auto for 225 I think. I'm getting the Bavarian ultimate cover next week its cheaper and I think will keep all the water off. The evolution cover is too breathable to keep moisture out so I end up with (Coral dust) I live in the Keys. I'll see you my old cover real cheap. It has a little damage one rip under driverside mirror and the rear antena area the gromit came off so now its just a hole. If you want a cheap cover PM me.
Hello, I'm just wondering, why don't you get the OEM bmw cover that they sell. It seems like a pretty good outdoor cover.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i was worried about hail so everyone i talked to recommended NOAH covers. http://www.carcoverusa.com/NOAH-Car-Cover.html

i have one and it works well, but i do have the dust problem and ive never had experience with any other covers. my biggest complaint is that the label that says "front" is hard to see (and fades within a few weeks)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I will be looking for one my self for this fall/winter.. However I am also looking for something with padding, if there is such a thing. I live with tons of trees and acorns will trash your car fast (in my g/f case, break your windshield) Is there a good 4 season cover with padding?

So far looking at the Noah, oem bmw, or a generic higher-end custom made cover..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts