BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so we all know that 90% of the roads in New England blow! that leaves 10% that are/should be awesome.... anyone got any favorites?

I personally like Route 1 from Hampton heading towards Portsmouth in the off season... and there is a road in Tilton/Laconia but i don't know the name. It's off 93 at Exit 22 and down a side road.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
there was a road in VT in a magazine(motortrend maybe?) that was one of the best in the country to ride down... I still have the issue, Ill post back

·
It ain't cheap to be cool.
4,097 Posts
Kangamangus (sp?)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
forgot about the Kank! good one...

·
Registered
26 Posts
The kank is good but you gotta be careful. A lot of moose and can be busy. 135 in NH is a great road too. There are a lot of good back roads in VT 108 is a great road too even though it's short. Same with the old RT 4 it's right by my college. I've seen a few bimmers around there, they also do a rally in one of the fields around there. If you're coming up from MA to VT and get off at Rt 30 in Brattleboro you can take that entire road or cut up 7 to Rutland.
I'd love to see more fanatics around VT let me know if anyone is planning on coming up. Although there's a lot of bad roads here there's a lot of great ones too. My favorite to cruise when I'm back at home is Rt 5 from St. Johnsbury to Lyndonville then up to Newport.
Hope to see some of you guys around not many fanatics in VT.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
24 Posts
this was my route the other weekend...tons of miles, but great driving with little to no leo activity, except 89

Brattleboro
W Rt 9
N Rt 100
N Rt 155
N Hwy 7
E Rt 73
N Rt 100
W Rt 125
N Rt 116
E Rt 17
N Rt 100
W Hwy 2
Burlington
E Rt 15
S Rt 108
S Rt 100
S I89
Montpelier
N Rt 2
St Johnsbury
S I93
Lincoln
S Rt 3/E Rt 112
S Rt 16
S Rt 125

·
Registered
74 Posts
Rt 100 in vermont... its in the July issue of road and track...
Meaning...the entire Vermont state police force will be there as well! :tsk:

Some of my favorites, 107 in NH from Northwood to Pittsfield...Winona road from Meredith to Ashland, and any other twisty with limited patrols:pimpin:

Kangamangous is a nice road but far too many slow pokes on it. Coastal Route 1 in NH is nice as well, more scenic scenic ride than a let loose ride.

Now that I've divulged areas that I routinely speed I think I'll slow down!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a good time on Bear Notch road whenever I had my Acura TSX with navigation. There are turns that you can't tell how much they will bend, but you can see how much of a bend they are on the navigation system. Reminded me of playing Forza or Gran Turismo

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Meaning...the entire Vermont state police force will be there as well! :tsk:

Some of my favorites, 107 in NH from Northwood to Pittsfield...Winona road from Meredith to Ashland, and any other twisty with limited patrols:pimpin:

Kangamangous is a nice road but far too many slow pokes on it. Coastal Route 1 in NH is nice as well, more scenic scenic ride than a let loose ride.

Now that I've divulged areas that I routinely speed I think I'll slow down!!!
I think it was voted because of the scenery and less about the speed... it passes through some old towns and next to waterfalls etc etc...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts