BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats are the best anti-theft devices for a BMW M3.

I don't think I have the factory alarm turned on I was told that the chip in the key was a good theft protection device and that theives could not steal a M3 unless they got a copy of the key or towed the vehicle. But then I received conflicting information from a friend who used to be a car sales person that said that you could hot wire a BMW M3.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Best anti-theft for you car would be a Rottweiler in your car!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
turborl7 said:
Whats are the best anti-theft devices for a BMW M3.

I don't think I have the factory alarm turned on I was told that the chip in the key was a good theft protection device and that theives could not steal a M3 unless they got a copy of the key or towed the vehicle. But then I received conflicting information from a friend who used to be a car sales person that said that you could hot wire a BMW M3.

Yeah the key helps, but this in addition to a OEM alarm which gives you tilt sensor and motion sensor makes it a lot more difficult for those bastards to steal your ride.:thumbup:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have the factory alarm plus LoJack...

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
i say the three that was said

the chip in key
oem alarm
lojak these are the best way to go in my opion these three are off the hook
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Check out the Clifford systems if you want something good. Also, not sure if the M3 has it but on the sedans at least you can remove the keyhole on the door that is easy to pop.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have the oem alarm. I o not want lojack (or boomerang in Canada) simply because if they get my ride, I would rather not getting it back.

You never know what they have done to it...

·
Registered
77 Posts
One comment on LoJack.

If someone rips-off your car, strips it down or wraps it around a tree...do you REALLY WANT IT BACK? It will always be TAINTED.

·
Registered
146 Posts
cowmoo32 said:
A gnome that pops out of your glove compartment who knows karate.
hahah but then you would have to take care of it!!

isn't there a way that a person jacking ur car can tell if you have lojack? besides leaving ur lojack manual in the glove compartment...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what about the chip in the key thing? I thought it was impossible to hotwire the m3?

·
call me kev :D
6,320 Posts
those under the car flame throwers that's legal over there in africa

burns the crap out of the thief who is trying to steal your car

·
ASA NO MO
2,273 Posts
How about running a 440 source to under all your door handles so that when some **** tries to jack your car he will get knocked on his ass. Hopefully the shock will also cramp his hand and paralize it for life. I was thinking of getting one of those tazer guns.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts