BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey all, I'm aware this thread is a few months old now but I am curious if there is a way to have the amber AE's on for the DRL, and when the low beams kick on automatically the amber switches to white. I'm sure there's a way to wire it but I'm wondering if there's a pre-existing kit. Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
thanks to the OP for this thread.
I have CCFL AE installed in my E46. I installed them back in 2005, and incredibly, 15 years later they're still going 'strong'.
They kinda look yellowish now, they used to be white. Not very powerful, as any of the lights would overpower them.
I'm ready to replace them, as I bought a set of Xenon headlights.

I'm on the fence on between the non-opaque AE and the crystal led AE.
I think the crystal LED requires a bit of dremmeling, but looks more like the AE that come OEM on the newer cars.

Anyone here with experience on Crystal LED AE?
I'm looking at stuff from the Angel Eye Guy ($109 US-based with switchback) or Sinolyn ($83 with switchback).

Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey all, I'm aware this thread is a few months old now but I am curious if there is a way to have the amber AE's on for the DRL, and when the low beams kick on automatically the amber switches to white. I'm sure there's a way to wire it but I'm wondering if there's a pre-existing kit. Thanks!
Look at the angel eye guy site.
There are instructions on how to wire.
There's a wire to have powered to have the AE be white, and another one for the yellow leds.
So, you could have one wire to the DRLs and the other one wired to the low beam and voilá!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Look at the angel eye guy site.
There are instructions on how to wire.
There's a wire to have powered to have the AE be white, and another one for the yellow leds.
So, you could have one wire to the DRLs and the other one wired to the low beam and voilá!
Awesome, thank you!

·
Registered
83 Posts
bought the Crystal LED AE kit from Sinolyn, China. The Angel Eye Guy's kit needs trimming of the headlight, and I didn't want to do that. We will see how they look when they arrive.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Finally arrived yesterday.
The projector side is fine.
The Halogen high didn’t fit too well.
In the end I managed.

The end result is pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 88 of 88 Posts