BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, this is what happened. I went to the LA auto show and realized that my steering wheel sucks. I really liked the M and new performance package wheels, but even newer 4 spoke wasn't as bad as mine.
I have 99 323i that has 4 spoke steering wheel with no multifuction. It was really thin and made of molded plastic.
So, after falling in love with M wheels, I decided to do some research in changing steering wheel- I didn't want to risk anything by putting 2 stage round airbag in- I know some people have done it, but just because the airbag light isn't on, doesn't mean it'll function properly during a crash, and as far as I know, no one knows FOR SURE.
After much deduction, I came up with the easiest and greatest replacement- victor wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
last....
As far as I know, no one on this board has this exact set-up.
It was under $600 including installation. It's #$%@ pricy, but it's a direct replacement and beats buying round airbag and the wheel. I had to send the old wheel to them..some thing about Victor recycling them You can find more info at CECwheels

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts