E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Y'all,

So here's the deal, I need to change tires for my 19" rims and I had some quotes from different tire dealers....the tires and prices are as follows:

sized 235/35/19

Hankook Ventus K104 @ $149 each + shipping = $666.00

Toyo Proxes 4 @ $168 each + shipping = $768.00

Nitto NT55 @ $177 (free shipping) = $708

I'm trying to consider the Hankooks since it is very cheap...I'm not a hard driver and don't race either...so what do you think is the best bang for the buck..also with a good sidewall to protect my rims..

Anyone..please feed me with some insights?? Thanks so much for your help!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
silber325 said:
Hi Y'all,

So here's the deal, I need to change tires for my 19" rims and I had some quotes from different tire dealers....the tires and prices are as follows:

sized 235/35/19

Hankook Ventus K104 @ $149 each + shipping = $666.00

Toyo Proxes 4 @ $168 each + shipping = $768.00

Nitto NT55 @ $177 (free shipping) = $708

I'm trying to consider the Hankooks since it is very cheap...I'm not a hard driver and don't race either...so what do you think is the best bang for the buck..also with a good sidewall to protect my rims..

Anyone..please feed me with some insights?? Thanks so much for your help!!

I would check for thread wear index for all those tires and see which ones will last longer for the price. Since you have said that you are not a hard driver and you live in California you shouldn't be concerned with all season tires. YOu have 19" so if I were you I would go for something that is relatively quiet with high thread wear index.

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
41,517 Posts
if youre on budget get the Hankook Ventus k104s theyre good performance tires

·
Banned
3,759 Posts
I would just fork out the extra dough and get the Toyo T1s or the Falken GRB 451. I have the 451 on the ch's right now in the rear and they're pretty quite and grip pretty well.

Remember, the tires are the only thing connecting your car to the road, I wouldn't go really cheap on them. :thumbup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Suggestions for a tire than can be driven in cold? I'm in the Pacific NW. It rains and gets cold here for a couple months a year, freezes a few days, but roads are generally always clear but a couple days. Not sure if I should get separate tires for winter or buy an all season. Non staggered 8.5x19.

I saw these 'Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position'

Suggestions appriciated. Thanks. (Super old post I know)

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Bump for General Exclaim UHP........great tire

·
Registered
22 Posts
Suggestions for a tire than can be driven in cold? I'm in the Pacific NW. It rains and gets cold here for a couple months a year, freezes a few days, but roads are generally always clear but a couple days. Not sure if I should get separate tires for winter or buy an all season. Non staggered 8.5x19.

I saw these 'Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position'

Suggestions appriciated. Thanks. (Super old post I know)

Hey I also live in the NW and I just put an order in for these. I have an e46 M3 and I think this will be the best way to go instead of having summer and winter tires. These provide good grip all year around and it will save you the money in the long haul since they have a tread wear rating of 400. Also another note these guys come with a 40K warranty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
235-35-19's

Try Tiresaving.com. I just bought 2 Nankang 235-35-19's for 334.00 including shipping and road hazard.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Exclaim UHP's are really good for the price :yikes:
I just got my new set and have already tried sliding them out (from the first mile) lol...not too shabby for a "cheap" tire :thumbsup: rated #1 on TireRack under Ultra High Performance Summer...but it's actually technically an all-season tire...sooo you're going to get the best of both worlds wet & dry :excited:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.