E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which intake would you get?

I dont kno how much an ecis intake would give my car... but on Killer Juniors car... the benfer intake got 8.5ho 10tq...

:dunno: which intake would you get?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no gruppe m!!! too much...

ecis or benfer?

or i should say... used ecis or benfer?

which will sound better n which will gain more hp?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dfgde
i dont have that much $$ to blow on my car

intake is kinda secondary... next thing im gonna do (and do it soon) is drop... so i only have a lil bit to spend on intake right now... and i cant really wait,.... my dad wants me to get a real intake instead of having a K&N filter instead of my stock airbox

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you buy our intake, you deal directly with one of 4 staff. If you don't like it, we offer a full refund on the purchase price of the intake. We are offering message board participants $10.00 off when they buy directly (non-ebay), and 10% off both the bypass valve and the K&N upgrades. Killer Junior got 8.5HP and 10 ft/lbs of TRQ with no other mods on a 2.5L motor. A 2.8 or 3.0L would most likely get more.

-SB

Azn328i said:
which intake would you get?

I dont kno how much an ecis intake would give my car... but on Killer Juniors car... the benfer intake got 8.5ho 10tq...

:dunno: which intake would you get?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Re: benfer or ecis?

SBenfer said:
If you buy our intake, you deal directly with one of 4 staff. If you don't like it, we offer a full refund on the purchase price of the intake. We are offering message board participants $10.00 off when they buy directly (non-ebay), and 10% off both the bypass valve and the K&N upgrades. Killer Junior got 8.5HP and 10 ft/lbs of TRQ with no other mods on a 2.5L motor. A 2.8 or 3.0L would most likely get more.

-SB

hey, i emailed you guys about it...and i havent gotten a reply in 3 days i think....

thats y i started considerring the ecis... theres a used one on sale in the for sale forum... but yah... im interested in your intake... my email is [email protected]

·
www.xeetstreetband.com
738 Posts
DropTopBM said:
gruppe m --- dont waste your money

I am SOOOOO glad i went with the Gruppe M

My car sounds like a freakin beast
It may be the best, but the same argument could be said against the Gruppe M; it's too damn expensive. In my opinion, spending all that money on an intake is a waste... But it's all in what you want I guess...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the quick reply Sbenfer... I totally forgot you guys had to take care of the group buy too... that ended recently too i guess... well i emailed you back.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Re: Re: Re: benfer or ecis?

Sorry, two of our guys have been out and we've been extremely busy with the group buy!

-Steve

Azn328i said:

hey, i emailed you guys about it...and i havent gotten a reply in 3 days i think....

thats y i started considerring the ecis... theres a used one on sale in the for sale forum... but yah... im interested in your intake... my email is [email protected]

·
E46Fanatic
3,120 Posts
i ordered the benfer intake. the money is not an issue, but i know a bargain when i see one. i wanted the gruppe m, but couldn't justify the extra $400 for 2 or 3 more hp. so i figured, BFP intake and RE pulleys. now that's more hp than the gruppe m still for less money :D

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
StreetTrixE4six said:
i ordered the benfer intake. the money is not an issue, but i know a bargain when i see one. i wanted the gruppe m, but couldn't justify the extra $400 for 2 or 3 more hp. so i figured, BFP intake and RE pulleys. now that's more hp than the gruppe m still for less money :D
Good point :) How much are the pulleys and hp gain?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I posed this question to Mr. Benfer but I suppose anyone can answer it now that I didn't receive a response.

When you need to service the air filter on Dinan's CAI or BenFer's do you need to take apart your front bumper every time?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Interested to know as well since i got one on the way lol... oh and it's not ur entire bumper, just remove ur headlight.

·
BMW Land Barge
1,376 Posts
Dukes said:
I posed this question to Mr. Benfer but I suppose anyone can answer it now that I didn't receive a response.

When you need to service the air filter on Dinan's CAI or BenFer's do you need to take apart your front bumper every time?
Presumably you need to pull the intake out, which involves removing the headlight (per Steve Benfer). So, no. I was rather concerned that that might be necessary as well, but was assured otherwise.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts