BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any performance difference between the CF and the aluminum model (like heating or bore size)? Has anyone used the wrap they sell for it? Is it worth it?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I don't think there's a difference between the two. The piping is exactly the same size - I don't know if one heats up faster or gets hotter than the other, or if that would make any difference. Personally, I have the CF intake, and I can tell you that I am extremely pleased with it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
the carbon fiber besides looking COOL is supposed to not supposed to absorb as much heat compared to aluminum.

·
Banned
256 Posts
iluhdis said:
the carbon fiber besides looking COOL is supposed to not supposed to absorb as much heat compared to aluminum.
Yep, i agree. I have read that it can resist conducting engine bay temperature up to 350 degrees! Aluminum sure cant do that!

And the CF looks very nice with the DINAN Strut Brace with the CF inserts... If you need the DINAN chrome sticker to put on the Benfer CF intake let me know...! I got a bunch of them from a DINAN retailer that were for replacement stickers cause some came off after a while... and are unavailable elsewhere...!

·
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I guess CF it is for heat reasons. How does the sound compare to Gruppe M. Does anyone have audio files?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts