BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Killer Junior did a dyno of our intake yesterday, and will post the numbers later today or tomorrow, along with a scan of the chart. I won't reveal the numbers just yet (until the scan is done), but I am very happy with the results, especially considering the warm temperature at the time and the altitude. I can say that both HP and TRQ are NOT less than the Dinan unit for the same car (which uses their software in conjunction with the intake to achieve their numbers), on Killer's otherwise bone-stock car.

-Steve Benfer

·
Registered
700 Posts
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whens the GB over??????

Just send it already.............;)

John V
:thumbup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
XeetBMW330ci said:
Rad! Let us know when the Bi-Xenon bracket will be done!
Should be done mid-end Feb.

As far as the GB, contact Killer Junior. All of my posts pertaining to the GB seem to disappear... It's not over, and there are 7 or so spots left out of 40...

-SBenfer

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
So where the heck is the sheet, anyhow?
Killer Junior is having it scanned tomorrow, and will post tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. He's been really busy lately (I just got off the phone with him). His bone stock (except for our intake) E46 325i's rear wheel numbers match or exceed Dinan's flywheel numbers for the same year and model BMW, which uses their own software. Killer Junior will post the dyno and the RW numbers tomorrow, which he or I will convert to flywheel HP. (Flywheel HP is what tuners report. Multiply rear wheel HP by 100 and divide by 85 to get the flywheel number for a manual tranny car. To convert flywheel HP to rear wheel, multiply the number by .85)

As far as the mods, if you're reading - please PM me (I have sent a few emails to no avail). We are very interested in sponsorship.

-Steve Benfer

·
Big in Japan
1,358 Posts
not to degrade the quality of your numbers, but you need before and after on the same car, with preferably close to same conditions. BMWs have a variance in their power output from the factory, and dinans gains are shown against what bmw claims is stock power (If the intake makes 10, and bmw says the engine makes 100, dinan says 110, even if their baseline was 105 and they got 115)

Still want to see the dyno though!

·
Registered
207 Posts
did yall do before/after?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RichP said:
not to degrade the quality of your numbers, but you need before and after on the same car, with preferably close to same conditions. BMWs have a variance in their power output from the factory, and dinans gains are shown against what bmw claims is stock power (If the intake makes 10, and bmw says the engine makes 100, dinan says 110, even if their baseline was 105 and they got 115)

Still want to see the dyno though!
Killer's numbers were achieved by doing a few pulls with our intake (already installed), turning the car off, replacing the factory airbox, and doing a few pulls with that. It was a direct comparison with the only variable being the intake. This way baseline is only compared to the increase from our intake, and no other numbers from any other source.

-Steve

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
srn1985 said:
Wheres the data sheets??
Killer should be scanning them today and posting this afternoon. (Which is why I haven't mentioned any numbers yet) Stay tuned.

-Steve

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,943 Posts
[*yawn* wiping sleep away from eyes] Good morning, Steve and fellow fanatics. I'll get started on posting the dyno results. Give me some time to wake up. I had a late night last night. It'll be up by this afternoon [scratching nuts]. I'll be back. Later. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts